Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Are Multiple Sales at Auctions Usually Bad?
I'm looking at a 1984 380SL that, overall, looks to be in great shape, other than a fuel injection issue. For one thing, there is almost no sign of rust at all on it. I got a Carfax report and it...

89 300SE ignition coil prob/question
I'm sure someone can enlighten me here. Have had a recurring problem with starting and misfiring (noticeable at idle). Anyway it won't start now, but does cough whilst cranking and tries to run after...
1
1

'97 E 320 rear end question
I have a slow leak in one of my differential seals that's not necessarily worth fixing yet, but I know I'm going to have to top off the gear oil. Does anyone know if the standard 80w gear oil is ok...

1982 300 TDT loses prime
I have been posting about my starting problems with my 300 TDT since last fall. I have things pretty well narrowed down now, I think. I have been starting to suspect that the problem has to do with...
9
9

Workshop Manuals
I saw somewhere on the net that some clever person has created a program for navigating around the MB workshop manual CD's, can anyone please guide me to its whereabouts. Regards Kev
1
1

Mercedes 300E Emmisions Test
Hello everyone... Took my 89 300E for the emmisions test today here in NJ and this is what happened... Failed for the parking brake...I have to tighten it... Failed for the NOx part of the...
5
5

Mercedes Command Sat Nav System not location satalites
My E320 has the COMMAND system with GPS built in. Recently the GPS has not been picking up any signals from satalites and as such the GPS now does not work. I suspect a faulty aerial but I am not sure...
2
2

1994 c280 rough idle and acceleration
Hi there. My 94 c280 occasionally has the rough idle and rough acceleartion. To fix this, I've been directed to clean my throttle body. I've searched many websites on how to do this and have a pretty...

1996 c280: no intermittent wiper, no wiper park
During our recent spate of icy weather my wife tried to start the wiper when the wiper arm was frozen in place. After that the intermittent wiper stopped working and the wiper would not park. Another...
2
2

Rover 75 diesel
I'm having starting problems once the engine is hot. Starting from cold is ok. this is a 52 reg 2lt engine. Can anyone shed some light and recommendation. Thanks
1
1

13 MILLION STINKING USA DIESELS
Feb. 28, 2007 -- Diesel fumes pose a major health risk to commuters, according to a new report by the non-profit Clean Air Task Force. The Boston-based environmental research group reported today that...
14
14

Transmission and Transfer Cases Kits and Parts
1-800-293-0848 We are a transmission and transfer case parts and kits warehouse located in South Florida. We carry premium part so you get the job done right the first time. Contact us for pricing and...
1
1

I Need help whether to by '82 M.B. 300SD
I am new to the older MB diesels, I was a diesel mechanic on larger trucks for five years so I am familiar with the ruggedness of the diesels, but I am curious about how these cars are for day to day...
27
27

unkown knob
1976 300D, push/pull button on center console to extreme right of 'hazard' button. Lights up in center of button when pulled, turns off when pushed into console. Is this rear window defrost? The lines...

O2 sensor - disconnect?
Current news reports (in the UK) state that some petrol stations might be supplying contaminated lead-free petrol, which damages the O2 sensor and possibly the cat converter. So what happens if the...
1
1