Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

300D Wheel Alignment
While trying to decide whether to have a wheel alignment by my tire shop or a more thorough overhaul of the steering assempbly by my Mercedes shop, I inspected my fron tires, and discovered to my...
1
1

Vacuum to Transmission
Does anybody know if the vacuum line to the transmission on a 1982 300TDT is ganged with the automatic locking branch of the vacuum system? I capped the line that goes to the locking system at the...
3
3

1996 Mercedes E320, 214k mi -- a good buy?
I was offered a trade of a 1996 Mercedes-Benz E320, Mint condition, maintainance up to date...214k mi, clean title, smooth tranny, engine no leaks. What else should I need to know about this car? Is...
1
1

W123 300D Steering
My '79 W123 300D has developed a slight "shimmy" at 65 mph. It pulls slightly to the right at cruise speed, and the front tires are wearing on the inside. I have a front-end alignment scehduled, but...
2
2

Regular gas in 2002 C240?
Hi, Is it ok if I use regular gas (87 octane) instead of 91 octane in 2002 C240 with 110K KM on it? What worse can happen? Thank you.
5
5

fixing cigar lighter - 82 240d
Hello All, The cigar lighter on my 82 240D hasn't worked since I bought the car 3 yrs ago, but I never needed it, so I never explored why it didn't work. Recently I realized that the darn thing wasn't...
3
3

1984 300D Transmission woes
My transmission has not been enjoying this hot weather here. Recently it started slipping out of 4th gear. Sometimes it goes to 3rd, sometime it goes completely out of gear. I checked the fluid level,...
2
2

1983 300D A/C..of course because it's summer
Greetings all, I have a wonderful 83 300D turbo that runs like a dream. Until I turn on the A/C. Then the engine, mainly in the city, feels like it is always about to die. When I stop, I have to...
3
3

1987 300D A/C just quit - anyone have a schematic?
Was driving the other day and it just suddenly quit and started blowing ambient air. Got home and tried listening for the compressor engaging when I dialed-up 'max cool'. No clutch click. Checked...
4
4

2003 ML350 - panels falling off!
Hi folks. I have an ML350 here and one of the rear panels fall off the left C-pillar. Is there a special glue I can use to glue this thing back on?Luckily if fell off overnight in the garage and not...
2
2

Getting sick from MB W202
Having some problems with the car from whitch the motor drops dead, in cold condition, the moment you set him in motion. So I went to the MB garage. After some tests they find a sollution. they...
4
4

S320 Fuel Gauge
Hi I have a 1993 S320 and the fuel gauge has recently started acting strange, when the tank is quarter full and I go round a corner or pull away sharply the needle will go down to empty then slowly...
5
5

Radio Question
I have a 1990 420SEL that's having intermittant radio problems. After I start the car, I hear a rythmic (SP) clicking from the speakers. Eventually, the clicking stops, the antenna extends and the...

Cost of maintaining a 500SL
If the total mileage is only 13K and you're only driving a few thousand miles a year, I'd agree with Tiger's advice. The only addition would be to also change the engine coolant at some reasonable...
11
11

air condition questuon
How long is leak detector dye visable using uv light and glasses? I added a 5ozcan of dye and 134 ,a month conditioner is loosing effectiveness again. --- news:// - complaints: ---
1
1