Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

79 300TD 123 auto trans?
The 79 300TD sedan i picked up has a funny problem with the automatic transmission. The manual on CD I received last week is a Mitchell, nowhere near as useful as a factory manual, but cheap. The...
10
10

Speedometer
I am looking for an english version of a speedometer for a 1992 500E. Any ideas?
1
1

'85 300D/W123 tach stopped working
Shortly after having the steering gear replaced in this car, I noticed the tach had stopped working. My wife didn't notice whether or not it worked at any point up to when I did, but I know that it...
2
2

240D fuel Gauge Question
Is the low fuel light and the level marker two separate indications? I cleaned my tank this weekend and the light came on but the marker read 1/4 tank. Chris

300D Veggie Oil
I just bought a nice old 300D that I would like to convert to Veggie Oil. Can anyone advise me as to the pros and Cons of this? How much of a PITA is it? Thanks, David
5
5

Info. on Merc 308D?
Hello, I'm just looking for information regarding the Merc 308d. I'm considering buying one for a summer road trip and just need to know things like common problems to look out for; how many miles for...

1999 CLK 320 - cracked oil pan
Doing things ass-backwards, I've purchased a 1999 CLK 320 with 155,000km from a friend, THEN did the inspection. The MB dealership has informed me that sometime ago the balance shaft snapped, and...

mechanic in Lubbock, Texas
Need some work on the front end that I don't feel comfortable with. Does anybody have a recommendation for out in West Texas? TIA, tweaks

motor runs, belts don't turn - 81 300TDT
Strange - The motor runs fine, but the harmonic dampener/pulley doesn't turn at all. The power steering belt is very loose now, but the rest seem OK. I replaced the front bearing seal about 2.5 years...
6
6

Glow plugs question
Hello I'm getting ready to do the glow plugs on my wifes 86 300 sdl turbo is thier anything I should know before I start or tips..thanks will
10
10

Is 400,000 miles (650,000 km) good engine life for 300 Turbo Diesel?
I have a 1982 300 TDT with 396,000 miles (650,000 km) on it. The engine is tired and needs to be remanufactured. Do you think that is reasonable life to get out of a 3 liter in line 5 cylinder...
21
21

Dodge Introduces All-new 2007 Sprinter
Dodge Introduces All-new 2007 Sprinter 'Super-sized' Sprinter is Longer, Wider and taller; Offers More Space, Choices, Features and Innovations --Increase in maximum width (two inches), interior...
2
2

engine stalls
1989 se I stored my car with little gas for 2 years and started it up a couple of times. I have put in a gallon of fresh fuel and dry gas. It starts up and idels well except when i step on the gas and...
1
1

38 pin connection
I have E240 year model 1998. I can connect engine control unit via 38 pin connector (pin #4) under the hood. ECU responds nice. But there seems to be something odd when I try to connect transmission...

DaimlerChrysler to sell Chrysler to GM?
Based upon DC sources German "Manager Magazin" reports that talks are between DC and GM about the sale of loss-making Chrysler to GM. The talks would be in a very early stage but would advance under...
4
4