Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1981 123 cruise problems
Hi. I picked up an 81 300TD wagon last weekend. The first problem to be attacked is the cruise control. It works only after driving for about an hour. I opened up the servo and cleaned the contacts,...
5
5

1979 300SD W116 transmission needed
Hi all, Can anybody point me where I can find a transmission for my 1979 300SD? Appreciate any leads. Thanks. Omy
2
2

New C Class due June 2007
that the sport version will not have the star mascot on the front but a bigger grille with the star set into it like the CLK. There will be fewer trim variations.

New M-Class with new iPod Video
I have new (december 2006) M-Class which is claimed to be the iPod ready and new iPod Video, 60Gb. They are not working together. Local Mercedes dealer says that this iPod is too new for this car. Is...

dash lights on
i just got a new stero installed in my car(1993 300E 2.8) i got new everything for the stero. i took it to this place that my friend new and he got me a deal, but now i have a check engine light on...
2
2

1989 Mercedes 250TD Starting Problem.
1989 Mercedes 250TD. I?m new to diesels. This car has always started fine since I got it a month ago, as long as I turn on ignition and wait for the amber "glow plug" dash light to go out first. This...
5
5

Seat belt -- Automatic arm
500 SEC with automatic seat belt "dispenser" arm. The passenger side arm is going all wacko on me. It comes out when the door opens and then doesn't go back, making it hard to get in and out. Then...
1
1

Mercedes Mechanics in the Michigan/Ohio Area?
Any good diesel mechanics around me? Or MB Diesel clubs or owners? I am going to need someone to help me take care my baby as I am still learning the ropes, I want her to run forever! ?86 300 SDL 300+...
1
1

’06 E320 CDI large reduction in diesel fuel Economy
have noticed a large drop (maybe 20% or more) in diesel fuel economy after 1st year. Not my imagination. was getting over 30 around town and almost 40 HWY. now 24/30. Has anyone else experienced this...
1
1

1983 sec 380 Starting Problems
I own a 1983 sec 380. It starts fine with the first start of the day. After that, it could take 4 or five time before it starts. The car runs fine and very smooth most of the time. Sometimes upon the...
1
1

1980 Mercedes 300SD Starting problems - Injector or Fuel
When it is cold out, I can NOT start my car. If I warm the car up (pushing into the garage and warming it up over 40 degrees F. It will start. However, it will only start if I first depress the gas...
4
4

'79 300TD / W123 Running Temperature
As it's been getting colder, I'm noticing that my engine isn't warming up like it used to, and I wonder if there might be something else going on. The temp gauge used to sit just above 175 when I got...
7
7

'79 300TD / W123 oil leak
There's oil leaking around the 'vent' in the top of the valve cover that has a hose leading to the air cleaner. Is there any way that I can stop that from happening? My mechanic indicates only that,...
4
4

car won't start
89 300TE - car runs great when it starts, checked alternator is working great, for some reason when the car sitts for several hours it won't start , hook a battery up to it and it jumps to life right...
1
1

Re: phuxie cocked up again (repost)
"euromerc," the scrapyard man from Flitwick..?