Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cat for 190D 2.5 that does NOT cost a fortune!
Does anyone know how I can avoid paying =A3800 for the pipe/cat of my=20 190D 2.5. The car is only worth about =A3700!!! There appears to be no=20 pattern part - only a Merc part ??
1
1

1986 300SDL Good for WVO?
I have a 1986 SDL that I just bought. It is very clean and comfy...she reads 275 and is stuck there. The seller estimates it has near 300. The whole reason I wanted a MB diesel (other than the...
7
7

F displayed on dash of A-class mers
just started today goes in reverse ok but struggles to go forward also a picture of an oil can with HI next to it? any idea how much & what this could cost to fix ive only had the car 3 weeks its done...
1
1

My C240 is Not Starting
I?m hoping you can help me out since I?m not sure whats going on with my 2001 C240. I have not drove my car in the past 6 weeks and was planning on taking it out this weekend. I jumped in, turned the...
3
3

Heater Booster & Heated window problem. C220 CDI
I have a 1999 C220 CDI estate Sport that has 3 problems I cannot get to to the bottom of. The heater booster and heated rear window and horn will not function. The light on the rear window heater...
3
3

cold start cdi220 diesel 2003 model
my merc has an intermitant fault when starting. i have noticed this is nearly always when it is cold. can anyone shed light on this problem.
1
1

93 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Starting Issues
So I bought a 93 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (V6) for my son as a first car - safe and affordable. All seemed well when we first purchased the vehicle back in November 06. It drove fine for several weeks...
3
3

Changing fuel filter E300D, 1996
I know the information has got to be in here somewhere, but I've been searching for three hours, and can't find it. How do I relieve the fuel pressure to change the fuel filter on a 1996 E300D? And,...
4
4

Transmission Service at 100K??
My mechanic says an E320 with 100K is scheduled for transmission servce according to Mercedes. However, I have heard people say don't service it. They say the service can cause problems for Mercedes...
8
8

vito 180 cdi
my vito 180cdi on a y plate has the EDC light coming on it has just had both pressure sensors fitted on the common rail and also a new diesel filter and filter heater also it runs for a while then the...

Engine type
I got this 190E from '83, - some years ago, before my time, the engine were replaced with a restored one, but I'm not sure that it is the same type/size as the original engine. It now has a 2.0, but...
1
1

1988 300 E....Oil Pressure Guage
Oil pressure guage quits and works regularily.....often (not always) affected by use of signal light lever. Will a new sender remedy this. The car has good oil pressure.
1
1

Premium or Regular Gas ?
This is being cross posted to and because they get more readership than alt,autos.jaguar and the issue is the same for some models of them. I just picked up a 2003 X-Type with the 2.5 engine and only...
36
36

diesel germcide
Well,I done it now the Benz sit up long enorgh with water contamination to grow bacteria in tank and the entire fuel system. Having trouble finding Quicksilver marine diesel treatment which carries...
3
3

Bluetooth integration into MB audio system?
Is anybody familiar with any bluetooth adaptors that bring the capability to MB audio systems. I have a '99 CLK, would like to add bluetooth ... am fairly certain that the microphone is already built...
2
2