Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake break in
I'm putting new brakes all around on my 03 E500. I'm aware of the EBC disconnect and other nuances of changing MB brakes. Per the recommendations from Tiger, a regular contributor on this NG, I'm...
4
4

C240 Tires from tirerack in Canada?
I read a bunch of reviews on the UHP before buying and the reviews were glowing. "General"ly they were good tires before the issues I had. My experience with Conti has been based only on the set on my...
6
6

2004 320E SW
Hi, What are the major concerns with the purchase of a 2004, 320E 4Matic Station Wagon with 50,000 miles? I've looked at the CarFax report which indicates the recommended services were performed....
2
2

Compression differences
The discussion of head gaskets got me going to my '89 300E to get it ready for potential driving soon. I squirted a bit of oil in the cylinders, let them sit for a bit turning engine by hand and with...
3
3

1991 300E head gasket replacement - worth it?
I have a 1991 300E, pretty decent shape, 175k miles, but it needs a new head gasket along with all the extra work that this would entail. I'm not a mechanic and don't want to be, so I'd have to pay a...
7
7

1986 190e minor accident, not temp is up
Hello again Mercedes people, Yesterday, while reaching into the back seat of my 1986 190e to help my 2 year old handle an egg salad sandwich, my car rolled into the stopped car in front of me. There...
6
6

Mercedes-Benz launches New E-Class Coupé in India a t Rs 56.38 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India, luxury car maker, launched its new Mercedes E- Class Coup=E9. Mercedes-Benz new E-Class Coupe comes with and aggressive price tag of Rs. 56.38 lakhs (Ex-Showroom Mumbai), The...

Radio
Got in my 2002 AMG CLK430 today and drove off --- then noticed that the radio was flashing "CODES" at me. Obviously some sort of hickup has occured that blew out the code. I've got the number written...
5
5

Looking for a Merc C220 but I'm not familiar with spec level Classic, elegance, avantgarde SE????
Looking for a Merc C220 but I'm not familiar with spec level Classic, elegance, avantgarde SE???? Anyone know the basic difference or any link to compare specs I've read Autotrader but they are even...
2
2

Locks and windows
1987 300E Door lock on drivers side has failed and it is time to go through and tune up the entire lock and window system. First, driver side door lock. The lock still works but cannot use the key....
3
3

1980 450SL Throttle linkage sticking
I have been lurking in this group for awhile, but no posting yet. I don't know enough to contribute. I purchased my 1980 450Sl in fair-good condition in the fall. I have not been able to get to it...
3
3

Vibration at Idle was Rack Damper Adjustment in 1982 300 TDT
Congrats on finding the cause. A friend of mine has an '84 300SD that has started doing that bouncy thing at idle. I told her to have her mechanic consider the rack damper, remembering your earlier...
11
11

W123 300D Window Lift
On a trip and my driver's side window has suddenly refused to raise. It keeps blowing its 15a fuse. Prior to failure, it was working smoothly and normally, although I recall an incident last Fall when...
4
4

06 SL500 - transmission oil leak
I am dealing with a 2006 SL500 which seems to be weeping ATF oil from the transmission oil pan gasket, at 31,000 miles. I am going to change the oil, filter and gasket to resolve the problem hopefully...
5
5

W124 electrical behavior
I had a problem with my 87 300D and had to pull the battery for a day. (Don't ask me what happened. It's embarassing.) Anyway, before the battery was pulled, the glow plug light would come on every...
3
3