Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1994 Mercedes C280 runs for a few seconds and then stalls
ive changed the fuel pump, and runs a little longer, but still stalls
3
3

'82 300CD-T - Stalling on Startup
My 82 300CD-T takes a few cranks to spark up when cold, which doesn't strike me as strange, but it sometimes stalls after starting. I don't have any scientific evidence, but it seems to happen when...
3
3

FUEL: Premium or Reg. 1992 300E 112,000 mi.?
Premium is recommended for this vehicle. I keep the car the best I can with regular oil change every 3,000 mile and it is in excellent shape. So should I mess with regular gas....Premium cost a...
2
2

W126 Front Suspension Rebuilding
I want to rebuild the front end on my 1986 Mercedes 300SDL. I would like to replace all bushings, ball joints, shocks, track rod bearings/rubber etc.... I do not want to replace control arms etc -...
1
1

Merc 190 Sunroof stuck fast! Help!
Hi Fella's I need a bit of info ...the electric sunroof on my 92 -124 -190 has jammed in the tilted position how do i remove the middle panel to get to the guts to find whats wrong ...i can hear the...

240d central locks
Started investigating a vacuum leak. I had temporarily plugged the yellow tube in the engine compartment until I found it. I checked all the lock modules and there is no dramatic leak. I was going to...
1
1

A BIG new Diesel to buy
The 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V-10 TDI foreshadows America’s diesel future and you can buy it now, even where emissions regulations are toughest.

ALERT - Google is tracking our posting activity, both here and other venues.
Google, which I use daily for searches, has a Beta Usenet type site in which our posts here are compiled with our posts to other Usenet sites. So one can rather quickly see what someone is about, just...
6
6

124 300TE covertable to diesel?
I own a 92 300D (2.5) and can get a 92 300TE at a very reasonable price. I would like to covert the wagon to diesel using the 300D as a donner. My major areas of concern are: - will transmission have...
1
1

ABS light -- cold start problem
Last week had new rear brakes pads installed on 1987 300E. Since then, intermittent ABS light on dash. When ABS light is lit, car has a cold start problem that can only be overcome by leaving foot...
2
2

How do I access the archives for this group?
I have a 1999 E320 with some burned out heater control lamps and need to remove the radio cluster... I think. Any help out there? Thanks, Don 1995 E420 1999 E320 1974 TR6 1958 Spider Veloce
1
1

C200K W/S?
My thirsty C200K has 2 drive settings... 'Winter' and 'Sports' (?) Would either make an appreciable difference to the fuel economy? Cheers, Mark, M/cr to reply by email, please take the michael
2
2

No acceleration Position sensor
... continuing trouble shooting of why my '89 sometimes just cuts out. Then accelerates perfectly again. I'd like to check my crankshaft position sensor as 'one' possible reason for this. Where the...
9
9

Fusebox question...
Has anyone ever opened up (taken apart) the fuse box in a 98 ML320? I added a jumper wire some time ago between the 2 fog relays (when the front aux lights aren't programmed) so they would go on when...
10
10

TG... what car did you get?
I was out of comission in November so I probably missed your annoucement of new car. My computer was fritzing out on me.
7
7