Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SLK 230
I have been looking at this model and would like any input anyone would have. Thank you, and have a nice day.
4
4

Bosch Rebuilt Starter Problems???
My 380sl wouldn't start in P or N a couple of weeks ago, even though the battery was good and the usual dashboard lights came on when I turned the key. However, it started right up after i wacked the...
6
6

v280 merc. 1998, ingition cuts out when hot.
Can anybody help. My vehicle always cuts out when it reached operating temperature only to restart again after coolant temp drops to about 40 celcius. The ignition pack has ben changed. Is there a...
1
1

'84 500 SEL electrical starter problems
I have an '84 500 SEL and for a few weeks it would stall once in a while when taking off from a light. Thought it was the fuel filter so when it just stopped working we replaced. Didn't work, had to...
3
3

Re: Re: What is the expected engine life (in miles) for a mercedes?
I don't know about all but we bought an '84 500 SEL 2 years ago and it now has over 276000 miles on it and it is starting to give us aome problems but only with the electrical, engine is still as...
1
1

Location of Neutral Safety Switch
On a 1995 MB C 280 AutoTran (Shifter between the front bucket seats) where is the neutral safety switch located? TIA.
8
8

Importing an A Class into the US
I have a friend that wants to bring a new A Class into the US. Cost is not really an issue. Does anyone have any resources for this? Thanks
3
3

Good mercedes mechanic around Houston
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy mechanic around Houston area. Thanks Abid

Entering radio code
My brother bought a 1998 MB and he has problem with entering code to stereo. Code has 5 digits and the first is 8. Radio has only 6 buttons with digits. How can he enter digit 8?
5
5

Replacing Tie Rods & Drag Link On A 107
My 380sl just failed inspection because a couple of the tie rod ends and drag link had an excessive amount of play. So i was thinking about replacing both tie rods, rather than just the ends, and the...
4
4

swap 83-80 240d
Hi, I just joined after searching for information on 240D engine interchangeability. Compression on my 80 240 had gotten to the point that starting was long and painful, ~235lbs. :>( I purchased a...
2
2

Block Heater trouble
I have an 83 300SD, and when I plug in the block heater, it trips the GFI outlet that I have it plugged in to. I know it is neither the cord or the outlet that is the problem. Thanks for the help!
3
3

Good mercedes mechanic in Orlando
I have a special project for a good mercedes mechanic, I was hoping someone could suggest one in the Orlando area. I have a european 407D van than desparately needs more power, and I would like to...

Is 3.0 liter OK in place of 2.6 in 190E?
I have to put a new engine in my 1993 190E 2.6 automatic. (This is a U.S. car.) Someone suggested that I put a 3.0 in place of the original 2.6. Given that they are essentially the same engine, the...
3
3

Important Information
Check out: