1983 sec 380 Starting Problems

I own a 1983 sec 380. It starts fine with the first start of the day. After that, it could take 4 or five time before it starts. The car runs fine and very smooth most of the time. Sometimes upon the car idles very rough until you start to move. It?s fine on the highway. It also has a slight humming in the transmission from 1st, second and sometimes third gears, but not all the time. I?ve had the fuel filter replaced, the distributor and rotary replaced. I?ve used B12 to no avail. I?ve been told that I need to replace the transmission for $1600 and repair or replace the intake manifold for $800.00. The car runs very smooth on the highway and most of the time in the city. Any ideas on what the problem could be? I?ve recently been told to check the check valve. PLEASE HELP!!!!

THANKS!!!

BJCOOKIE

Reply to
bjcookie