Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help: My 83 300D Turbo diesel has a high crank case pressure (2023 Update)
My 83 300D Turbo diesel has a high crank case pressure. There is a lot of crankcase pressure causing the oily mess in the air intake and a very nasty driveway. I am pretty sure the cause is one of the...
16
16

buying parts
Does anyone know a good and cheap place to buy parts?
4
4

Happy Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Day North America !!!!!!!!!!
12
12

1995 S500 Rear Strut
My 1995 S500 has self leveling rear suspension but not with ADS adaptive dampening. On the right side I have no shock dampening. Which part is faulty, the strut or the nitogen sphere? The auto...
1
1

intermitant fault on 300sl 1989
can any one help? i have a 1989 300sl which starts and runs for 1 or 2 seconds,then cuts problem seems to be no power to the fuel pump . if power is applied directly to fuel pump then there is no is...
5
5

S/W switch - good heavens!
I've been using my C240 in only the W mode till now because the dealer said that that's "standard" mode while S stands for "Sport"... not true, if previous threads on this group, which I've just now...
4
4

The Virtues of Being Ugly
The Virtues of Being Ugly Dear Joe, The other day my girlfriend broke out an old photo album that coincidentally had a bunch of pictures of old boyfriends. Every one of them were really good-looking....
1
1

VIN stamped on the benz 260E engine?
suppose the original engine of a 1987 260E car has been replaced by the original owner. Would it be possible to determine the VIN of the engine that is currently in the car? Is this VIN stamped...
1
1

F.S. My '97 E320W Smoke Silver / Parchment 40K Miles
After almost ten years it's time for something new, so my '97 E320W is for sale. I'm the original owner and have its complete maintenance and repair history - no dents, no wrecks no smoking. It has...
2
2

1990 W126 560 SC
Wondering if anyone can help me diagnose this problem. After running for a while I start to hear a high pitched squealing sound coming from under the dash towards the right side. When this happens I...
4
4

1980 240D mercedes standard shift problems
My classic 1980 began to have problems getting out of reverse and back into 1st. One bright day it stayed in reverse. I had a mechanic friend crawl under and jiggle levers to put it back into 1st....
3
3

95 C220
Is my car OBD I or OBD II? The reason I ask is that I went to the ScanGaugeII website and they listed a 1994 C220 as car with which their OBD II scan tool was compliant. The 1996 cars are as well...

300SD still wont start
My 83 300SD has a problem of not starting sometimes. It only happens after long trips(30 miles or more) and it has left me stranded a few times. After about an hour it will start, so I was told it was...
5
5

Surging Idle 95 S320, Where is overload relay??
Greetings, My 95 S320 has recently developed a surging idle. I read through previous posts and tried a few things but problem persists. At idle, in or out of gear and hot or cold, idle surges between...
1
1

Linkage problem?
Could replacing the shifter bushings cause a problem with the transmission linkage? A few weeks ago I had the shifter bushings replaced on my wife's '95 E320. Today she told me that the car seemed to...
8
8