Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nice Alert info on common problems
Stumbled across this site while searching. Like the alerts. Reading through, some of them I discovered independently :-( sell howto manuals and repair kits, seem reasonable, and probably better than...
1
1

Mercedes 300 se 1988 w126
I am breaking my Uk located 1988 w126, most parts available except interior. The engine and gearbox are both superb, would not like tosee them go for scrap. Any enquiries let me know.

450 SEL with bent valves
Hi, Just bought 2 450 SEL's one for parts (rusty) one to fix (extremly good condition excepting valve issues) can anyone advise anything that might catch me out during repair of the bent valves? I...
5
5

a.s.a.p. motors
I recently bought a used auto transmission from ASAP Motors in Dallas for my 190d. They were great to deal with, gave me good service when the wrong tranny arrived, and made everything good. I...
1
1

Replacing tire(s) on ML320
I had a flat tire on the front passenger side tire on my ML320. My wife didn't know about it and started driving, not realizing the tire was flat, and a few minutes later came back and told me about...
8
8

Ouch! Where can I buy a engine wiring harness for my 93 400E!
I found all my woes, there it was just like in all the forums, crumbling wires on the engine. I did a quick fix. Of course its better than it was but now it stumbles when warm. Where can I get a new...
2
2

COLD STARTING
Hello all My 89' 560SEL when the engine is started (often) cranks for 7 seconds before it starts up. It runs fine (except for some grey smoke).I noticed that when I was driving the other car and my...
1
1

how do you glow a 1985 300D Turbo
Just picked up a 1985 300D and discovered that unlike the early 240 Ds there is no apparent glow plug knob..... How do you glow a 300D?
2
2

92 mercedes benz 400se belt tensioner
i was changing the belt,took the whole belt tensioner out,now it s hard time puttting it,dint remember how, can any one help me making a diagram how to put them back
11
11

Star located in center of alloy wheels
I noticed that the star located on the center of one of my alloy wheels is missing. I have a 1964 230 SL, but from what I have read, these alloys are probably made for a 1969 280 SL. Is anyone aware...
1
1

Sprinter Experts?
Hi, Just wondering if there are any Sprinter tech heads on here from the UK? I have a query and all the other forums I try seem to be all yank! Grateful if there is.
6
6

sprinters
Hi can anyone tell me where I can find the engine number on a sprinter 2.9 lt ?
1
1

2000 E280 Elegance
I have a model year 2000 E280 V6 Elegance with 160,000 miles on it. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how many miles this motor should be good for. It has 90% of the miles completed by motorway...

1981 300SD oil pump failure
____ Hello, Oil pump chain in my 1981 300SD 617.951 engine (267,000 km) failed early this summer. Failure was most probably due to severely worn pump chain tensioner (plastic part). High resolution...
2
2

I did it
I finally found a MB that was well worth the wait. I now have an 87 300SDL that mechanically is in great shape. Body needs a little work, but for a 19 year old vehicle in the Midwest I'm not about to...
1
1