Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

headlight wipers...........
1989 300TE cant get the wipers on the headlight to work, don't have the owners manual so i have no idea where to start to look for the problem. can anyone give me info where to start looking ? thanks...
7
7

Mercedes 300 SE automatic saloon
I have just inherited a good Mercedes 300 SE automatic saloon with a recorded mileage of only 21K. I'm thinking of advertising it for sale in the local paper and wonder what to ask for it. Emails...

how to determine engine# ?
I am looking at some online parts catalog and get confused at the designation of engine# ? How do you determine what the engine number is? The car I am inquiring about is a 1987 260E with the 2.6L...
3
3

1984 300D fuel gauge - ideas anyone?
My fuel gauge always reads empty, and the reserve light is on. Here is what I have tried: 1. Filled tank 2. Removed and disassembled sending uint. All looks good: wires intact, contacts good, float...
5
5

American license plates are UGLY!
Eurpoean license plates look sleek . Why do all the states in the USA use the same shape plates? .
2
2

audio 20 user guide
Hello, I have bought a new mercedes class C in Germany, and I am interested in reading the user guide of the audio system (audio 20) in english or in french. Please, does anybody know where can I find...
3
3

Knob Identification and Cruise Control
I have a new to me 1988 MB 300E. Very nice second car. In console in the floor are window switches and mirror adj., got them figured out. Small knob has a blank on one side and when moved shows a...
1
1

Biodiesel powered around the world boat.
Don't know if anyone is interested but saw this biodiesel powered boat in Oceanside as the crew was making a tour prior to an attempt to set a new around the world power boat record. It looks like...
4
4

code #6 "idle speed control faulty"
My 94 e420 is still reving up at around 1400 rpms in park? I am getting code #6. Is there anything (sensor,module,idle control valve,etc?) that may control this? I have cleaned out the throttle...
2
2

thermostat ratings , what do they mean?
When you purchase thermostat for the benz, how do you determine which one to pick up when you are given a choice of different ones. By different i mean that temperature rating. For example choice1....

93 190E heat issue
Hello all, I have a 1993 190E 2.3L and have very litte heat in the cold winter months. I recently have changed the heater valve, the auxiliary water pump, the thermostat, all to no avail. The engine...
4
4

Why do people race?
( There seems to be no point to it.... ) have said that Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has suffered a "significant brain injury" but that they are "reasonably optimistic he will make a good...
2
2

Melting controllers
Hi, I'm new to this group so I'll start by saying hello .Hello.... I've not long bought a 2000 E320 saloon. The lamp failure light came up recently but checked the lamps and all was ok...... My o/s...

introductions
hi guys, I just want to introduce myself and my new site. I have been in the restoration parts business for 20 years check my forum out at

C180 'Comfort' Menu
I have recently 'purchased' a C180 on a two year lease. In reading the car's manual reference is made to functions available through the comfort men - such as the door mirrors automatically folding...
1
1