Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

86 300E & 300SL SERVICE
I am taking my 1986 300E in for service at 135,000 miles and the 300SL in at 45,000 miles. My mechanic says not to replace the fuel pump relay until it or the fuel pump goes bad since when the fuel...
4
4

Checking driveshaft carrier w123/300D
How much should I be able to move the driveshaft up and down, left and right at the carrier? gmcop1

need location of auxiliary fan relay switch 1984 300SD
Aux fan stopped working. Will run with temperature switch disconnected from drier and terminals jumped. Tried disconecting temp sensor on thermostat housing (with engine running) and grounding lead to...
1
1

ML320 Scheduled Maintenance List
Trying to find a URL that provides a list of recommended scheduled maintenance for the ML320. Pls. advise. TIA, DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles

Pockmarked Windshield
I am on my second windshield - and might need to replace it for the same reason as I replaced the first - little pockmarks, pretty much evenly distributed over the outside surface of the glass. I...
11
11

Need Transmission for 1982-84 Mercedes 300D Turbo euro edition
Need help. My tranny in a 1982 Euro turbo 300d is on the fritz and I need to replace it pronto. Wondering if anyone might have the below transmission. Will pay any reasonable price...but it needs to...
8
8

1976 280E leaking Water
Hi, I have a recently purchased 280E 1976 RHD. I noticed after some heavy rain (I live in Ireland so this will be a regualr occurance) that the rear passenger footwell has about an inch of water in...
6
6

Tachometer wiring 1983 300D Turbodiesel
Does anyone have a schematic of the tachometer wiring for this car? I am hooking up a remote starter and I need feedback that indicates whether the engine is running or not. I have installed a remote...

ATF Specs
The transmission fluid on my 230E W124 with 145.000 km, has never been changed. MB's ATF costs USD 33 a quarter gallon, at the dealer. Is it too much? Which are the proper specifications for the ATF?...
1
1

2002 C230 Kompressor Signal Lights..
Has any one noticed that the lights on these cars seem to burn frequently? I've replaced 3 turn signals and two break lights in the past three months...
2
2

Engine Noise
I have a 1977 300D with 319,000 miles (50K on the rebuilt engine) that I have owned for about 6 months. I love the car!! My problem is an engine noise that comes and goes intermittently. At idle it...
4
4

Fresh Air
Does anyone with a modern (2004) MB fitted with the Thermotronic (intelligent) Air Conditioning system (not the Thermatic AC system) know how to make it supply fresh air from the outside? I have...
11
11

1990 420SEL Sound System
For the last year or so the right side speakers will kick in and work only on a hot day. Today I pulled the rear seat and swapped the left and right amplifiers. The problem followed the amplifier. I...
2
2

Re: Saying Good Bye!
Hi Mcbrue, It was funny to read your remarks... Sad you will leave the ng. Anyway, smart decision to buy the Lexus. good luck! gaise
14
14

Mercedes 300E High hydrocarbon
I have a 1990 Mercedes 300E. Have 225000 km. I changed spark plugs, dist. cap. rotors, ignition wires, cleaned air filter, put in injector cleaner and drove the car for over 300 km. Checked vaccum...
32
32