Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'99 C-klass ???
What's the difference between ESPRIT and SPORT line (edition) of C-klass ?? Thanks

88 300 E sunroof question
I have the opportunity to buy a really decent 88 300E that has the sun roof apparently off it's track(s). How major a job is it to repair this. The vehicle's odometer also has stopped working. Can...
8
8

Night Vision System on Mercedes-Benz and BMW
A television programme compared the system on both Mercedes-Benz and BMW. The winner is clear: Mercedes-Benz. The BMW has the most crappy and most ridiculous system. One cannot really discern the...
5
5

Keyless entry system
Hi again, (1987 300E) Having some trouble with the door locks. Haven't really diagnosed yet but I suspect it's a vaccum issue. I'm also considering putting in an aftermarket keyless entry system. Is...
2
2

typical brake job on an e-class... prices?
What is the typical price for 4 new brakes along with rotors? My E320 wagon (2004) has around 25,000 miles on it. The dealership told me I needed brakes and rotors too. They charged me $1,200 for this...
10
10

Get paid to drive an E class from Paris to Peking !
Assuming Daimler is still hiring....... This would definitely be fun, if not too rushed. - courtesy Woldgang Ni Hao! 33 E-Class diesels to drive Paris to Beijing In September 33 Mercedes E-Class...

Fixed my w124 ASD light today
I asked about an orange ASD light on my w124 dashboard a while back. I found a post on a German messageboard that described the diagnostics procedure, I thought I'd share it in case someone encounters...
2
2

84 190e magnetic clutch bad, operate on elec fan only?
i was replacing the water pump on my son's 190e and in disconnecting the magnetic clutch, the phanallic[sp] the plugin came out of the clutch instead of unhooking. 1. can it be repaired to work? 2....
1
1

Oil change using hand pump suction device
I saw a hand pump suction device advertised ($65) on the Delta Airlines Sky Mall magazine, for oil changes. Accessing the drain plug for my E300TD is a bit of a hassle. I am tempted to use this hand...
6
6

2002 CLK320 outside temp gage
My Temp gage seems to be working but all the numbers dont appear they have come back on occasion but they have been on and off could it be a ground proublem some where? does any one know what and...
1
1

300E : Rear End Question...
Sometimes my 300E makes a grinding noise from the rear end.. It sounds like it is the pumpkin and it could be low on gear oil. Any suggestions-Chuck, MOnmouth County NJ -I posted about my radiator a...
1
1

1993 300E Mirror Control Switch Installation/Removal
Hi, Anyone know how to remove a broken outside L/R mirror switch? Its on the console between the seats. Thanks! Roy

C240 key problem
I've a 2001 C240 that I bought about 6 months ago. Twice now in the past week, something eerily scary happened. I inserted the key into the slot and *nothing* happened. Once, twice, thrice, nothing....
7
7

What kind of sparkplugs 1994 e420
I am going to start to try to get my car running nice again. I pulled the spark plugs and they are needing replacement and are bosch platinum. I have heard numerous times to not use platinum with this...
6
6

'82 300D turbo questions
Hi, Got an '82 300D. After its been run, should it idle for a minute or two to allow the turbo to spin down before shutting off the motor? David
8
8