Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1974 240d
I just bought a 1974 240d. Beautiful car, but the rear passenger-side female end of the seat belt is broken. Anybody have any suggestions about where to find this part? Thanks for any ideas. We're...
1
1

J D Powers Survey
Yep! Them ole Jay boy haz bin at it agin! Dun surveyed alla them drivers out there and guess whut?! Guess whut number ole Mercedes has - too durn high fer an ole coot laik me ta even kount up to -...
5
5

Key will not turn in door lock-86 560SL
MB dealer says a whole new handle must be ordered from Germany, but it comes with a key. I don't mind the cost, but I don't want another key. Any suggestions?
4
4

fiber optic on 190e
can someone help me figure out where all the little optic lines that go to the console switches come from? i see the main fiber optic line but don't know where it goes to and how the switch lines...
2
2

turbo in a 81 300cd
can i put a turbo from a 300d in a cd? i think i can but mabey somebody knows if its a definate yes or no
3
3

1968 200d
Hi, I know a couple who have been housing a 1968 200d in an old barn the last few decades; vehicle has no rust and runs perfectly. They are asking $3k for the initial buying price, would I be able to...
5
5

Used 1998 C230
I'm about to buy a used 1998 C230 with 120k on it. I was wondering if there is anything that is concerning about this model year and what actions should I look for in the vehicle history (i.e. - this...
1
1

84 190e sunroof prob
is it possible to close sunroof permanently with no motor on the cable? all i have is the cable sticking out in the trunk, no motor, no nothing. top had been taped to seal out weather previously....
4
4

Does anyone have a parts list for a European w126 sec?
I need a part number, or more preferably a series of part numbers. I'm trying to source the (very rare) chrome cappings for the front and rear bumpers of my 1990 sec (UK car). Does anyone happen to...

Marathon drive
Not planned as such, but I made a long non-stop road trip recently in my CLX. When I reached home I found that I had driven 410 miles in about 7 hours. The MB comfort had made it an easy task. Later I...
4
4

CD changer for Becker Grand Prix 2000
Which type of Becker CD-changer can I use with my Grand Prix 2000 BE 1319 radio? Can I find somewhere on the internet a manual for this radio? Regards, JB

1981 300cd specs? does anyone know about the specs for this car?
I dunno about the newer coupes but the older ones are like this too. THe back seats are good for, what P.J. O'Rourke once descibed as "thalidamide amputees". But I like coupes. Sexy but impractical....
15
15

Re: Once more to the repair task ...
Heater on O2 sensor has been in use since the early 90 . The prices you see online are real... yes, they are that cheap.

1984 300D mechanical question - 300 000km on engine
Hello all I own aformentioned car and it used to leak one or two drops of engine oil a day (not sure of the exact area where the oil is leaking from). Lately it has increased a lot and to top it off,...
3
3

1973 mercedes 450sl
my car will run fine until its driven for about 30 minutes then it will miss very bad, it seems its getting too much fuel, because it will start to smoke black smoke, could this be the switch over...
3
3