Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does anybody like roundabouts?
In my area roundabouts are rare but when I venture to areas that have them I find them very difficult - especially when they are used for fairly fast traffic. Does anybody actually like them or are...
24
24

diesel vs regular fuel
Hello, I am thinking about buying a used mercedes c-type combi. Probably a '97 maybe '98. If i buy a diesel it will run forever i guess, but.....if i buy one on regular fuel with about 125,000-150,000...
8
8

Spare tranny from W126 or 123?
Hello, I just bought an '82 300D for WVO conversion and it has a bunch of extra parts, including a transmission. The owner says he parted out a 300SD and got the tranny from it. But the 300D doesn't...
3
3

W126 AC Relay Question
Just had gas put in the AC on my 91 350 SDL today. Works fine when moving 30 mph or more. Blows warm when stopped for a bit like the aux fan isn't coming on. Questions are Is the aux fan turned on by...
1
1

300se handbook
Anyone know where I might obtain a copy of the handbook for a 1993 300se in any format Regards Chu
2
2

300e auto gear box leak
my 1988 300e auto box is leaking. It does not apear to do it whilst it is running but this may be due to the a t f being slung about all over the place, but when you switch off and leave it the oil...
3
3

722.400 trans
I just received a transmission from asap motors for my 85 190d. Specified a diesel but of course, when it arrives instead of 722.403 I get 722.400. If I return this I suspect I will be paying freight...
3
3

Auto trans shifter stick goes clanka clanka
On a very long trip my 88 190 E, after changing the gears on my auto stick shift while at a stop sign started to sound as if it is hitting the drive shaft or something. The sound and the feel of the...
5
5

300se immobiliser
I have just bought a 1993 300SE 3199cc The insurance company want to know what model the alarm/immobiliser is. I know it is the original one but can anyone tell me what model was fitted to this car....
2
2

Paint code on Sprinter van
Mercedes Sprinter 311 CDI We need to touch up the odd tiny patch of rust before it takes hold, door corners etc. Does anybody know where the paint code is located please. Mercedes seem to have their...

'84 500SL water pump replacement
From: "Courtney Thomas" Date: Monday, August 07, 2006 4:43 PM I'm down to the pump's bolt removal and have 'em all out 'cept the bottom one that requires aligning the balancer aperture with the bolt...

diesel secret
A couple of weeks ago my son got the diesel secret, and we gave it a try. To make sure we had no problems with the oil, we decided to use new oil instead of used oil. BIT MISTAKE! No one warned us...
5
5

Mercedes 230 TE, should I keep it?
Hello all, For vacation purposes, I bought a 1988 Mercedes 230 TE about four weeks ago (mileage 220kkm). My original plan was to use it to pull my caravan all around Spain and back, and then sell it....
5
5

upgading to newer benz
I've decided to upgade from my 95 c class to something fancier, and pehaps newer. While the 2001 and up c class has been thoroughly trashed, they are cheap as used cars so that is one model under...
3
3

89 W126 300SE cooling problems
Having trouble with my 300SE A bit of history I did have a couple of small rad leaks. I noticed a kind of acrid smell (hot antifreeze) around the front of the car after driving. On investigation I...
6
6