Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mercedes 500sl repair plastic front
I drove over a cement parking divider and damage the bottom of the plastic front of the car. It isn't visible but I would like to fix it. How das one glue the cracked plastic. What type of glue?...
3
3

S420's Drive Belt for Sale, Brand New $26.99 Free Shipping in US.
U2VycGVudGluZSBCZWx0ISBCcmFuZCBuZXcuLi4uLg0KDQpOb3QgYSBqdW5rIHF1YWxpdHksIHRo ZSBydWJiZXIgaXMgc29mdCBsaWtlIE1CIE9FTSwgbm90IHJpZ2lkIGxpa2UgR29vZHllYXJzIGJl...

Help with 83 300D
Hello all, I have an 83 300D and I had an odd thing happen yesterday. 2 of my rubber "O" rings, the ones that hold the muffler to the frame, broke and fell off. I think there are a total of 4 and I...
1
1

Serial Block Heater Failures
I am having repetitive failures of new, OEM block heaters installed on my M617 diesel engine (W123 300D). My latest theory is that there must be metal in the water jacket of the block (I may be "all...
4
4

Reset Service Indicator
How do you reset the service indicator on a Mercedes? This may take a couple of trys. Make sure the doors are shut. 1) Turn key to position 2. 2) Press/release the R button to show the next service...

engine shudders hard at idle
My 300 TDT has about 30,000 miles on its remanufactured engine. It runs great and gets good fuel economy. But at idle there is a terrible shudder like vibration. The engine is not missing, something...
2
2

Service due and codes
I have an 03 E500 with 69000 miles. The car runs like a dream with not a single problem noticed. I'm due for a D service according to my computer. I also have a bunch of numbers (codes) I see when I...

Mercedes 2005 500SL Resetting service counter
Mercedes 2005 500SL Resetting service counter My car is just out of the warranty and the dealer charges more than $400 for the 2 tool service. The dealer told me that I don't have to go to them to...
1
1

Diesel Block Heater
I have a newly-rebuilt engine, including a new engine block heater, on my W123 300D. As it is no getting cold at night, I plugged the block heater in, it worked splendidly ONE night, the engine...
23
23

300D: How Much Damage
I have an oportunty to buy a 1985 300D for $250. The paint is in fair shape. The interor is perfect. The enginr compartment is very clean. The current owner got it from his grand parents who had it...
5
5

Poor MB Build Quality -- Why do you guys still buy MB?
Is it because you think it's a status symbol and therefore overlook its lackluster quality? Since when did MB quality get so bad and why? As a prospective MB buyer I would like to know. Figaro
14
14

1999 C280 radio replacement
I have a 1999 C280. The radio has never been any great shakes and now I?d like to replace it. Its AM reception has always been horrible. I am very pleased with the BOSE speaker system and do not want...
1
1

e320 sun/moon roof problem
The power sun roof on my 98 e320 opens easily ( no binding} but will not close .It is getting power thru the close happened several years ago and some kind responder suggested that the timing was off...
2
2

C280 trunk hinge
Does any one have a idea on how to get to and change the trunk hinges this is making me nuts thanks
1
1

TOP CARS MUST SEE
ALL CARS: MERCEDES, BMW, TOYOTA, FORD, NISSAN, HUMMER, SUZUKI, HONDA, FERRARI, CHEVROLET, MITSUBISHI, MAZDA, LOTUS, KIA, ETC