Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

72 280SE differential fluid
What fluid is recommended for the rear differential?
1
1

clogged diesel injector pump
My "friend" mixed some inadequately filtered veggie oil with diesel in the tank of his 1982 300D turbo. The car ran fine in the drive for 20 minutes, but started chugging & died once he got on the...
9
9

NOS old 300SE injectors
I was talking to Dan Caron last night and he came across a cache of NOS 300SE injectors, which are NLA. if you'reinteredted. He also has a customrs 300SEL 3.5 in the shop that'sgoing up for sale by...

99 E 320 Brakes
My E 320 has been in good shape for all 115000 miles.One annoying problem- there is a vibration in the brake pedal when I depress it; this improves after I powerwash the brakedust cake or somehow...
2
2

1994 e420 have to hold gas down to start car when cold??
The car is now barely driveable. When its cold it will just crank and crank and crank but when you hold the gas down(like a carburated car) then it starts and then you have to hold the gas down to...
12
12

Check Engine Light on 1994 E420 does not light up
My recently purchased 94 E420 check engine light does not light up when I turn the ignition on without starting (all lights come on except the CE and opposite side first lamp). Was this disabled by...

Transmission click?
I have a 1978 300D, with an automatic trans and roughly 148K miles (odometer doesn't always work). The car was recently purchased and unfortunately I didn't get much in terms of its history. Sometimes...
4
4

MB Services Market Case, Opinions. Long.
In a small, free market country, with entrepeneurial culture: MB's new car sales have been growing by a strong 20% average during the last five years in this country. In 2005, sales grew by a dramatic...
17
17

Sluggish C220 W203
Hi, I have just bought an October 2002 C220 CDi Classic Automatic. I have a problem that it feels sluggish and kickdown is not working. I forced the gears to downshift using the gearshift lever but it...
1
1

Towing point SLK
Hi Guys On my 2001 SLK, there is a very obvious towing point (bracklet, loop, eye, circle? (I dont' know what to call it)) at the rear of the car and I understand that there is a similar towing point...
8
8

Electric adjustable seat
Hi I have a question about the electric adjustable seat in a MB 300 1993 (I think, it's my mother-in-laws). The seat is stuck in it's very back position. When I try to move it forward nothing happens....

Steering Wheel and Ignition Locked 1990 300E
My mom initially thought she locked the steering wheel on her Mercedes, but after I checked it out, I think her ignition is locked too. It won't turn to the left or right, it's just stuck there. I do...
9
9

smoking is bad
Smoking in a Mercedes Sprinter carrying gasoline powered equipment is REALLY bad. . . . FLEE BURNING VAN ON A23 TWO men are recovering from serious burns after their van caught fire on the A23 near...

1986 420 sel fuel pump relay location
My dad has an '86 420 SEL which starts and then dies. He read on other forums online that it might be the fuel filter, which turns out it's not. It might be the fuel pump, which I read you have to get...
5
5

Second gear shift on R107
Hi all, I was just curious if my car was supposed to do this, or if something is wrong. It doesn't sound normal to me though. The car in question is a 1982 euro 500SL. If I have the gas pedal floored...
3
3