Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 560 sel
Approx 75k miles, good shape. How reliable is this model year and what major maintenance items (cost?) can I expect? I can get it for $3,000 but I'm concerned one or 2 repairs may well cost that much....
6
6

Cutting out..300SL
Hi to you all...not sure if I'm using this forum correctly!!. I have a 1986 Mercedes 300SL with a genuine 45K on the clock...I was driving it from London to my home in west Wales....all was fine for...
5
5

vegitable oil/diesel mix recomended?
All this talk about bio diesel (not readily available in my area) got me wandering. Has anyone used a mixture of straight veggie oil and diesel? if so what were the portions and possible ill effects?...
1
1

FS: Mercedes Benz Sports Rims (4)
for 124 chasis, excellent condition, details @ $150
2
2

RS light stays on for 5 minutes
On my 1987 w124 the Red RS light has gone from staying on for a few seconds after starting the engine to staying on for 5 minutes. - What exactly is the RS light (it's airbag related I think) - Does...
2
2

Brake pedal problem
All, I have a strange issue on my 1985 300SD. The car has 215K miles and rotors and pads were changed less than 10K miles ago. Brake Fluid was also flushed. When coming to a stop, sometimes the front...
3
3

self leveling problems
got a busted shock in my 87 300td wagon and , instead of relacing it, im going to replace both rear shocks with regular shocks and disable the hydrallic. anyone else ever done this ?
3
3

116 Idler Arm tip
My 116 is 26 years old and has done 110K miles. Soon after an alignment the steering moaned and groaned in low speed, large steering angle, maneuvers. I suspected the idler arm had been tightened or...

116 Steering's moaning & groaning - solved!
During th last few years my 116's steering moaned and groaned in low speed - large steering angle - movements. The noise started soon after an alignment so I suspected the idler arm's nut was over...
1
1

81 300sd a/c compressor oil?
my system was serviced with freeze 12, would cool to about 49 degrees, 100+ outside, with some bubbles still in site glass. [as long as comp clutch was hot wired] then valve stem on high side started...
1
1

Restoring 1956 220S Cabriolet
Looking for manuals, parts and information regarding the 1956-59 Mercedes 220S Cabriolet. Some generic parts for the 220S series for the coupe and sedan bodies are possible. These vehicles were...
1
1

81 300sd a/c parts locations
in the mbz service manual on heating and a/c, the schematic on compressor clutch control. i have a couple parts i need to locate. [#1] evaporator temp regulator. i have power to pin 30 on a/c relay...

Service Manuals?
I am finally getting a little comfortable and frustrated with my first MB and diesel W210. Would anybody recommend some service manuals so that maybe I can do some of the maintenance myself or at...
3
3

E class and triim spec query
All, (First time here so please forgive any poor form etc) I am looking to buy an E class estate in the near future ... what does Avantgarde and Elegance mean in terms of trim level etc? Is the 4.3 V8...
20
20

S 550
I saw the new S 550 today and I have to say it is the nicest Mercedes in years. Beautiful lines and a very elegant interior. The cheap plastic look of the recent S class is gone - thank goodness. I am...
3
3