Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Insult
No sooner have I retrieved my 300D from the engine shop with completely new everything, EXCEPT, I did not replace the A/C Compressor, but did have it switched to the new R134A refrigerant. Well,...
7
7

300 D--Miraculous Transformation
Thanks very much to all who responded during the engine rebuild tribulations that I have described hereon. I appreciate all the advice, it was all good and helpful. The story has a good ending. I...
27
27

87 300D pump issue
Per this pic, I think the part is called the primary injector pump. That right-angle vacuum connector split on the back. So I put a little clamp on it. No go. I'm still having to manually stop the...
4
4

Ongoing 300D Diesel Engine Saga
The latest development in the ongoing saga of my engine rebuild is that the shop finally determined that there was a failure within the fuel injector pump that was causing the low power output. The...
16
16

failing radio
I have a 89 560SEL with original Blaupunkt radio. it is slowly dying on me. I have shopped about 6 audio dealers and all of them quote me 700-900 bucks to install an entry level radio. The radio...
6
6

SLK Rear Axle Problem
Wife's SLK left rear wheel and tire are t an angle in at the top or out at the bottom. Ask the Dealer to adjust it from day one. Four or five occasions. We've been told 1they are all like that, or 2...
1
1

Wheelskins
Just installed one on my '92 300D's ratty looking steering wheel. Nicely made, high quality piece of merchandise. Looks and feels much better. FWIW, just expressing my satisfaction.

Lust List
I am putting together a Lust List for my eventual Benz collection. First on my list is a car I used to own, 1994 320E. Loved that car. But I also love the 560sl . Is there a range of years that are...
1
1

Ignition switch problem? -- car won't turn off
87 300D 2.5T Yesterday I turned off the car and it would not shut off. So I put my foot on the brake and shifted it into Drive to kill the engine quickly. It seems like this would be something in the...
8
8

1990 560SEL - Fuel Distributor???
I was just given a 1990 560 SEL with a misfire. I narrowed the problem down the fuel distributor, I think. The outlet on the fuel distributor that leads to the passenger side third cylinder from the...
6
6

Auto Shows & Events
All the information of cars includes ,choice your car, shows and events, future vehicle, research, dealers,parts and accessories, cars buy & sell, tips and advise, rent a car,company information, auto...

2015 Car Model
Collection of LatestBMW,Audi,Acura,Chevrolet,Ferrari, Land Rover,Mercedes-Benz, RollsRoyce, Toyota, Volvo, Lexus, Lamborghini, Ford car in the world. Viewelegant car pictures, car Prices, car...

Electrical Issue
1990 560 SEC Euro Spec model originally from Japan. I have a strange issue with my power windows. At any given time they all fail to work, along with the power seats. Then by some miracle the cure...
8
8

Lug Bolt Vs. Nut
Anybody know why the Germans use bolts rather than studs and nuts to hold the wheels on? On my w123 there are about 6 threads of engagement. On my GM car there about 13 threads of engagenent. I know...
5
5

Transmission follies
Der Klunker (1981 300SD) continues to earn his name. Drove into the driveway of our apartmnent house in Manhattan. Switched off. Unloaded groceries. Switched on. Car would not move. Jigggled the gear...