Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trunk lock doesn't open on '84 300 SD and alarm activating
I recently have had the onset of the trunk not unlocking with the door keys when I unlock the driver's door. Eventually, it did open after jostling with the trunk lid for awhile, and I placed some...
6
6

OT Ford's Lincoln
Rumor is that Ford Motor Co., is seriously considering stopping production of it's Lincoln. You'll hear more in the weeks to come. Have a safe 4th of July. Helen
2
2

300sd transmission won't up shift Help
I have just finished changing my transmission out on the floor of my garage and now with a stiff back I drive the car, the test drive reveals that my replacement tranny won't shift to top gear. It...
6
6

Old school wheel trim rings NOS
I have a few sets of wheel trim rings for sale. I think they are for Mercedes 13" or 14" wheels. If there are any Mercedes owners in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area with older Mercedes cars, please...

1982-83 m-b 240D
Hello, All! HELP, it has a hole in the engine. i would like an engine, or someone to buy a perfict 240d. also a 190 sl. both tail-lights gone. i am comp iliterite. real e is, help. both good! r With...
2
2

116 Idler arm replacement question
The 116's idler arm needs new bushings - thanks to some gorilla in an alignment shop who overtightened the nut. It now moans and groans on turns. I bought the repair kit and have been procrastinating...
12
12

Early W123 climate control help
I finally have the climate control on my 1977 300D pretty much sorted out with one exception, the defrost flaps stay open all the time. Does anyone know where the actuator is? I have checked both...

Replaing license plate bulbs E320
I have a 2002 E320 and one of the tag lights is out, the error message keeps popping up on the information center. I bought new bulbs, but cannot figure out how to get to the bulbs. I have removed the...
5
5

Igtnition key quirk
I've just bought an additional ignition key for my 2004 CLK 240. When I tried it out in the car, the first thing I noticed was that the driver's display of external temperature was now in degrees...
9
9

my car dies after 15 min
I bought a 86 mercedes 190E. It starts an runs great for the first 15min. After that it turns off, or while driving the rpm's die then come back, then die, then come back until it does not come back....
11
11

How can I disconnect seat belt & door open alarms?
Those alarms drive me crazy for some reason. I've been wearing seat belts before they were installed in cars! And I know when the door is open so why tell me. Maybe the door open alarm is good for...

Where is the power window relay?
I have a '97 C230. The left front window stopped working in the down position. Took the door panel off and applied external 12v to the window motor and the window raised and closed properly. I get NO...
1
1

81 300sd dash control buttons question
how can i check if i am getting power out of my dash control buttons when calling for a/c? does it go right to the pressure switch? i have no power there. -gary
21
21

USA gets smart
size matter? Smart car challenge to US gas guzzlers Andrew Clark in New York Thursday June 29, 2006 The Guardian Can anything persuade American motorists that size is not important? DaimlerChrysler is...
17
17

Deutsche Classic car show next weekend in PA
Next weekend there is an all German classic car show in Pennsylvania. Last year, several M-100 Group memebers displayed there, and this year should be better yet. I am not connected with this event in...