Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question on model descriptor C-280 W?
I just bought a 1997 C-280. Somewhere I found another designation and the reason for it but I can't remember what it was...something like W220, etc.
11
11

Turn signal switch - CLK430
In an earlier post this morning regarding buying extended warranties I wrote "Personally I'd prefer to hang on to my money 'til the failure actually occurs - if it occurs. Then I'll pay." Well, I may...
5
5

Extended warranties
We have a new Mercedes SLK. They are attempting to sell us some warranties for paint, tires and wheels, and an extension of the power train warranty. They cite a cost of over 5,000.00 if the...
10
10

torque #'s
I have a 1989 560 SEL. I just finished changing the oxygen sensor (now I realize why labor is so much on these cars). I had to remove a steel beam so as to get to the sensor. It is bolted to the...

Scientist Discovers Fungus That Could Fuel A Car
researcher at Montana State University has found a micro-organism in a plant in South America that could fuel vehicles one day. The unusual fungus contains the essence of diesel, which one could use...

Need window signature decal
I just had to change my windshield and would like to know if/where I can get another? Thanks, Joe
1
1

Dead 300D
I think I killed my 300d this morning. I had changed the oil on sunday and had to wrestle with the canister that the filter sits in. I've converted it to run on WVO, and the coolant line now travels...
8
8

fair price for replacing all 12 spark plugs and service B
Hi, I wonder what is a fair price for the job as in the subject Andy
2
2

300E A/C Suddenly Blows Hot Air
My 1987 300E air conditioning has begun to suddenly go from cold air to blowing really hot air. Turn it off for a bit then it will again blow cold air when turned on. One time I accelerated and after...
1
1

2000 E320 REPAIRS
2000 E320 purchased new with 74K. Recommendations by SA after FLEX Service. Rear Flex Disc Cracking, Front Lower Control Arm Bushings Cracking. What is the estimated cost of the parts and time to...
1
1

’89 300E sways
My 1989 300E runs good but I notice a slight swaying left to right going down the highway. It does it at higher speeds as well as lower speed(about 35mph up) What could it be?
1
1

C-Clas outside temp display NG
The outside temp readout in the instrument cluster has no illumination. Is there a bulb/fuse for it? If so where the devil is it and how do I get to it? Thanks, Joe

I *think* I want a 300te - advice?
Hello, All: A few months ago you may remember I had a transmission problem with a '91 300 te 4 matic. I have decided to use the car as a parts car and I am now in search of an early 90's 300 te...

FS- 8.5 x 17 AMG wheels
8.5 x 17 5 spokes originally from a CLK430 but are currently on my '92 300D. I'm selling these because I picked up another pair of 7.5 x 17 wheels to match the front as the staggered wheel concept is...

81 240D 64,000 miles Atlantic City
Ivory/Henna, near new condition throughout. Two owners since new in the same Annapolis, MD neighborhood, dealer serviced always. Auto, no sunroof, windup windows, newer radio but original Becker...
1
1