Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Confusing warning lights
For a while my '92 300D would light up the "exterior light out" light upon braking and would go out when I released the brakes and not come on again immediately upon re-braking. The bulbs are correct...
1
1

230ce 1985 coup
still looking for towbar or is there another model that i could adapt to fit for 230ce 1985 --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------...
2
2

Chip - or other scholarly type - where is this study found?
In another thread, Chip posted "A huge study in England several years ago measured EVERYTHING that could be measured in a very large population of older drivers. They compared about 30 parameters...
5
5

1994 MB E420-W124- Cam oil line tube question
If the cam follower ticking noise sometimes disappears, does that indicate a clogged oil line tube or could it be the typical tube end is gone? I thought if the end was missing the ticking sound would...
7
7

Price Change
Can anyone explain why the price of MB have not come down. The eruos value against the dollar is down over 30%.
20
20

Leaky Trunk
1999 C280, If I leave it out in the rain..water leaks in on the gas filler side and wets the floor of the trunk. I cannot find any wet areas on the trunk lid or sides. It does not seem to happen If...
5
5

Auto
Buy a New Automobile below Invoice Why pay sticker? You can buy????a new car below invoice. Smart shoppers are using our free service to find out how to save thousands on a new car. Get a price quote...

No heat 1988 separated dual console 420 SEL
Hi again, Is the heater monovalve insert the copper thermostat-like valve with 2 intakes on 1 side, 1 on top and one outlet to the manifold? It seems to not work. We removed it and placed water...
1
1

Wish me luck!
Hello all, Newbie here, Just purchased my first MB; a late 1985 built C126 500SEC (Europe). From first owner, the full option car has 260 k kms, full maintenance records, has near perfect bodywork and...
1
1

braking in Akebono pads
Hi, I put new Akebono pads in my 1984 300SD. Didn't need new rotors. I've read two different ways to break them in. One says to brake easily for the first 500 miles. The other says to get up to 60mph...
3
3

Hot Sr9850
I have a problem with this relay on a 1988 420 SEL. It is the one of the six in the black main fusebox at the front towards the bumper at the passenger side. I only see that it controls both the front...
8
8

akebono pad break in
I put new akebono pads on my 1984 300sd--the rotors were fine. I've read two different ways of breaking them in. One place says break moderately for the first 500 miles. Another recommends the hard...
1
1

speed bumps
Hi, I have added 12k miles to my '00 E320 and really love the car. the only thing which bugs me why the suspension takes speed bumps so badly. one need to slow down to walking speed in order to ride...
6
6

What is this dash lever for?
1997 C280: just to the right of the Parking brake release there is a smaller lever with only a white image of what looks like a windhield on it. You can push it down and it locks in place...until you...
18
18

Chrome and steel
Just finished washing and polishing my '81 380 SL. Realized that REAL chrome and REAL steel and REAL Paint make a damn fine looking car. A joy to do. Hate doing my '03 Volvo because it is half...
1
1