Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

M-B Owners and Technical manuals: download for $$ link
are downloads and cost some dollars, but, if you need it, it's instantly available.
1
1

2000 500SL check engine light
Can I turn this off just using the car's controls/buttons, or do I have to get a code reader if I want to do it myself. What is a good, versatile code reader to get for this and other make of...
3
3

W123 AC Evaporator Condensate Drain
I am installing AC into my 230CE that never had AC. On the bottom of the AC/ heater box assembly is a short plastic stub for condensation to drain out. It sits above a hole in the transmission hump....
4
4

Is a W124 300E a good first Mercedes?
I'm coming on from ownership of mainly Saabs, a Toyota and one slightly old Lexus LS400. I would consider a 300d but in the UK we didn't get the turbo d option. I tend to do about 13-15k miles a yeah,...
20
20

450SL door locks
I am having a vacuum problem somewhere but i can't figure out where it would be. When I lock or unlock the drivers door, the passenger door locks and unlocks as well. But if i lock or unlock the...
3
3

How would you diagnose this problem?
Body: W124 Year: 1987 Engine: Diesel (says 2.5 Turbo on the trunk lid) L6 The problem: When I brake, though sometimes even sitting still but especially when braking, I hear a loud clanking under the...
8
8

ALARMING 1985 300D TURBO
I found out today that my car has an alarm that won't quit. It appears the alarm horn is under the battery tray. Any ideas as to where the rest of the alarm system is so I might rip it out?
2
2

AMG wheel trade
I have a set of 17" staggered 5 spoke AMG wheels, 7.5 x 17 in the front and 8.5 x 17 in the rear. I've been running them on my '92 300D for a few years. What I'd like to do is trade the rears for a...

Washer pump grommet - something for the engineers to ponder
The rubber grommet for the washer pump just failed on my E320. Here is the offending part: 'm just slightly peeved because this is the same part that failed on my W115, W123, W124, and now the W210....

how to clean a convertible fabric top

oxygen sensor
I have a 1989 560 SEL. The car is running really rough. It really shows up if car is stopped for a red light or traffic. I'm afraid she'll leave me in traffic. It says in the owners manual that if the...
1
1

Albania, 240D Capital of the World
I just had to post this. I just got back from a trip to Greece. One day side-trip to Albania. It's gotta be the 240D capital of the world. You can't even begin to count the number of them, many in...

Buying Small Parts for '83 240D
Hi O Knowledgeable Ones :-) I have trouble finding some smaller parts at the usual online outlets. For example: 1 Rubber duct that guides the air through the 2 center ducts in the dash panel. PN 123...
6
6

abs / 4matic question
Hi, I have a 91 300te (proble)matic, are the abs and 4matic systems working independently of each other? I have funky abs feelings at low speeds and also at moderate speeds, not when braking. If I...
2
2

94-E420- Running Rough after one day sitting
After my MB E420-1994 sits for a day, it starts up fine and runs perfect for about 15 minutes, then start to run rough (rotten egg smell) for about 3-5 minutes then runs perfect after that, all day....
9
9