$50.00 Reward for Mercedes trip computer info

I need some help. I came across a pallet of Mercedes trip computers. Which will work on all ML models. I have come up a some instructions for installing them in models that didn't come with them, Replacing the overhead TOW AWAY/ antitheft module, while incorporating all the features included in that unit. I have even located the part number for the Remote compass module , which gives the trip computer a compass function too. I bought the part for 44.10 and have a 620 KB email with all the instructions

EXCEPT the location the compass module .

The information below was posted on Wolfgangs web page and it describes where the module should be located. I am offering 50.00 or a free trip computer to the first person who can email me photos of the location of the compass module and the wiring that plugs into it.

I believe the models that didn't come with the trip computer will still have the wiring going to that location since they have the wires coming out of the pin connector for the trip computer or antitheft module. Thanks!!

ML Trip Computer M-Class Model 163 trip computer '98+ System Description

The trip computer in the overhead console calculates the instant and average fuel consumption using moving data. It also keeps track of time, date and the remaining distance until the tank is empty, etc. If it monitors glass breakage through an integrated interior microphone and detects vehicle inclination, triggers alarm. In model year '01 a magnetic compass was added. Starting in year '02 the compass can be calibrated.

Connections: Trip computer control n41 pin 1 yellow to AAM, EDW signal, triggers alarm system pin 2 green to Magnetic compass module (163 545 57 32) 44.10 list price pin 3 white CAN-BUS H pin 4 green CAN-BUS L pin 5 blue to magnetic compass module pin 6 tan ground pin 7 red Constant +12V Fuse 13 ( circuit 30 ) Pin 8 pink ignition +12V fuse 10 (circuit 15r )

Caution: pin assignment and fuse may vary slightly from year to year

Magnet module b26 ( 163 545 57 32) under plastic edge of rear loading area.

Pin 1 tan ground pin 2 pink power +12V Fuse 10 pin 3 green to trip computer pin 4 blue to trip computer

If you have a problem with trip computer or alarm, check fuses 10 and 13 cleaning or replacing.

Reply to
Steve Cousins