Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

C300 Luxury Sedan 4Matic: Questions
Currently researching with a view to buying this. Have two other makes/models on the shortlist (BMW 328xi and Lexus ES350), but it looks like the Mercedes is the winner for me by a very short lead....
2
2

iseecars.com - search engine on used cars
There are many websites where you can look for car listings such as classifieds sites like Craigslist, Autotrader, newspaper sites like New York Times, Wall Street Journal, auction sites like eBay,...

300SD Starter Question
How hard it is to replace the starter? Is is a DIY or mechanic only on these cars? I'm looking at one '84 on eHay that has a bad starter. Just curious what I'd be getting into.
12
12

Hood ..here I was thinking of wheels
Howdy, My new acquisition runs great, however now the hood won't open. I pull the plug in the cockpit, but now the thingee doesn't pull out in the grille. Had my wife pull in the cockpit, I...
3
3

Wheel fitment
Hi, I just purchased an 85 300TD. Could anyone tell me what 16-17 inch Mercedes later model wheels will fit this car? I was going to bead blast and paint the stock 15in rims, but looking on Craigslist...
1
1

W126 replacement transmission?
Hi, After 460000km my 1981 380SE have developed som transmission problems. First, it slips between 2. and 3. gear when accelerating slowly or moderately (but not hard). Second, in reverse, it moves...
4
4

My C300 warning sensor is amok
My warning sensor was telling me some systems weren't working, so I took it into the shop. Driving half way home, the sensor came on again. Now it's an intermittent problem. Anyone else having...
1
1

300SDL troubles (0/1)
I had the transmission replaced about 55,000 miles ago and when the car was in for its last service (355, 000 miles on car) I had them do the transmmission service as well. When i first got on the...
8
8

Mercedes 380 SL knocking
If anyone knows, what could be the source? I think it's the catalytic converter, but my friend thinks it's a colapsed lifter. The noise goes away when RPM is raised. Oil pressure is good even in idle....
10
10

Best Repair Manual?
I have a 1985 300D. What do you think is the best repair manual available? Also, do you have a source for ordering? Thank you Dave
6
6

Speedometer just quit
1985 300D. First day of a cross-continent journey, was looking at my speedo and the needle just fell to zero and that was it for speedo, odometer and the cruise control, too. Had to complete the 3,500...
3
3

300td front shocks questions
because I know you know... 1. Is replacing these something I can do in my driveway? That is, wit the car on stands can I slide the shocks into position? Or do I have t find someplace with a lift? 2....
2
2

Best used parts for 300SD
Hi all, The local Pick and Pull is having a half off sale this weekend and I'm getting some seats for my 84 300SD. If you were going to stock up on any used parts what would you get? In other words,...
3
3

Squeeky brakes on 1984 Mercedes 500 SEL
My wifes 84 Mercedes 500 SEL has really noisy brakes does anyone know what can Quiet them down. Thanks
1
1

CD220i Starting problem
2003 CD220i sometimes wont start, full power everywhere, just wont turnover, starts after about 5mins keep turning the key on/off.
4
4