Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

coil spring
i have a1985 300td with a broken front coil spring. could anyone tell me how to replace it and where to buy one? thanks for any help, roger
6
6

W124 Seats Into a W123
Do you know if the front seats from a W124 300D will bolt into a w123? How about the rear seats? Thanks

AC Compressor mineral oil capacity
Last I had had the AC system leak checked on my 1982 300 TDT, and there were slow leaks on just about every component in the system. The AC place I used to use in Vegas should have stopped right...
3
3

300e
hey guys, i have a 300e mercedes. the mileage is around 67,000...I just got my wiring harness replaced and it cost a heck of a lot of money. unfortunately, another problem has surfaced: the check...
2
2

Removing wheelbase skirting
Hi 1996 E300D. I have some small areas of rust I want to treat - the spots are at the trailing edge of the front wheel arches and the leading edges of the rear arches. To do the job properly, I need...

How to remove plastic skirt
Hi 1996 E300D. I have some rust appearing on the trailing edge of the front wheel arches and the leading edge of the rear wheel arches. I want to treat the rust, but to do the job properly, I need to...
1
1

84 300td rear calipers swap
Could it be remotely possible that the calipers off of a 84 300sd would fit an 84 300td? ebrake shoes and rotors too? thanks.. Gar

1987 300E replacement rear muffler
Heard a scraping noise as I backed out of the driveway yesterday, the rear muffler was dragging, was just hanging on my the two rubber hangers. I found the Eberspaecher for $183 and the Ansa for $184....
1
1

W124 Fuel venting problem
I have a 1989 260E 120k kms that has started to vent fuel from the vent adjacent to the fuel filling point. It vents any time it feels like it and is not dependant on the quantity of fuel in the tank....

300D Electrical Sliding Roof
My sliding roof would not open with the electrical switch and I suspected my roof rails needed lubrication, so I opened the roof manually, applied approved Mercedes-Benz lubricant, then closed the...
9
9

Which year S430 or S500 to buy
My E320 4matic (2001) has 103,000 miles on it (rock solid vehicle) and I'm sure there are many more miles to go but I've decided to start a search for the next MB and have decided on either an S430...
1
1

foglight on1998 CLK
Hi there I?m trying to replace the glass on the foglight of a ?98 CLK. I?ve got it loose but it won?t come away from the bodywork - does anyone know how to do this job, I?ve been at it all afternoon

Clogged Cat And Operating Temperature
I was just wondering if my clogged cat could be responsible for a 10-15 degree increase in the operating temp of my 380sl, given that the thermostat, radiator, fan clutch, water pump, and temp sensor...
5
5

engine mount replace?
Hi, Any tips on replacing the engine mounts and possibly the tranny mount on a 1991 124? Cheers, J.
4
4

Oil spots on air filter
1983 249D Hi Experts, I was about to change my air filter when I saw lots of very black oil spots on the filter. At previous changes the filter had fairly uniform dark grey or blackish spots but never...
21
21