Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair for stripped oil pan drain plug (190e)
Hi Yall, Just thought I would drop a note here to let you know that I finally got around to fixing my stripped oil pan drain plug in my 1986 190e. I am pretty sure this is the reason the guy sold the...
3
3

16 Months/27K Miles Later, I STILL LOVE THIS CAR!
16 Months/27K Miles Later, I STILL LOVE THIS CAR! Pros: Fantastic build quality, great performance, unique - not a cookie cutter car Cons: MPG could be better, a bit expensive, passenger seat not...

Buy this van!!
Buy this van!! I am in process of buying my 3ed E350 XLT with V10. This a work horse, it tows my 7000 lb travel trailer with ease. Mountains are no problem. Interstate speeds all while towing no...

C250td Oily air pipes
I'm a bit concerned by how much engine oil there is in the air pipes on my 1998 c250td There's quite a bit of oil in all of the air pipes from after the air filter all the way 'round to the intake...
4
4

e320 w211 2004 suspension question
hi can anyone here confirm that as far as the suspension goes the only difference in the elegance and the avantgarde is the coils and shocks ,and if i wanted to go to the trouble then the elegance...

High Mileage Diesel Injectors and Thoughts...
Hey Guys and Gals, Today, I changed my diesel injectors... it has 205,000 miles on it. The job is fairly easy... just like changing your spark plugs. However, I now found my culprit in cold start...
11
11

A-Class mystery
Can someone tell me what this is? Internal turn indicator?
1
1

Diesel prices
Living in the city we don't drive all that much. It was maybe a month since I had topped off the tank on Der Klunker (1981 300SD). So yesterday we filled 'er up. $4.14 per gallon! We will be driving a...
70
70

HOT CARS
Great Marvelous race between the Honda Civic Type-R European version and Type-R Japanese version. This famous automobile take you to this fascinating review and race of the ultimate supercar from...

300D Power Antenna
I have recently replaced my power antenna mast and now cannot keep it working. The motor works fine, but the mast only intermittantly goes up and down. I suspect bad lubrication, but do not know what...
7
7

Oiler Kit Problem
The barbed plastic pieces in the oiler kit I recently got from the Benzin fit too loosely for me to install in my 380sl . So I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. Thanks
4
4

Hey, How do I check my MPG display? I was able to check it at one time
somehow a few months in the past, and I don't remember the sequence any more. The FSS switch is the one I played with last time. Any one remember the sequence? THe manual didn't seem to cover this...
5
5

1997 UK W210 e230 idle speed adjustment
The idle speed dropped today and it keeps cutting out which is a pain as it's auto! It will sit there and run fine out of gear - but in gear it cuts our randomly at low revs (once going though is as...
10
10

300E bad / worn bearing noise ?
Hi I have a 1987 300E. I can hear a noise that sounds like a bad bearing in the housing behind the distributor cap. I took a large long screwdriver and placed the tip on the metal housing that the...
4
4

Driveshaft Alignment
I'll be picking up the driveshaft for the 230CE 4-speed to 5-speed conversion today. Since I had to fabricate the transmission mount cross member I'll probably have to shim to get the proper...
4
4