Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[for sale] Mercedes 400CDI electronic engine unit

Start Up Problem for a 1979 300SD?
I have a 1979 300 SD car with only 188km that is having difficulties starting during cold weather in Canada. I have a block heater. The starter and alternator have been checked and seem to be working...
16
16

E320 1997 automatic transmission
Hello: I need to know the product date, the break down is - up to 7/21/96 and from 7/22/96. This is a 210 TYPE trans. I look up parts numbers all day - hopefully I can help. Don Sparks (Bowtie Benz)
1
1

Cup holders?
Those aftermarket folding cup holders just aren't terribly effective. Has anyone found an alternative that looks good. This is for a '92 300D JD
13
13

Need benz part numbers for Transmission
Folks, I need a little bit of help. I have an E320 1997 automatic transmission. I may need a new transmission. Can anyone provie me wit the part number for the transmission so I can check the web for...
5
5

1988 560SEL HYDRAULIK OEL reservoir
Friend of mine has a 1988 560SEL body is W126. I fix my own cars - not Mercedes though - and therefore he asked me to take a look at a low fluid level at a reservoir towards the front of the engine...
7
7

4Matic and tires
Hi, short question. Is it critical in 4Matic models to maintain tires and the same level of thread usage. I know it is very important in case of Subaru's and their implementation of AWD where the...

Tire Opinions W123 300D
I've seen other posts on tires here, but wanted to solicit opinions on a comparison between Michelin, Perelli (P3000) and Bridgestone. These are 195/70/14s. I'm looking for a smooth, quiet ride, more...
19
19

300D Alternator Bolt
Well, as I vaguely surmised, the bolt in the lower alternator bracket was broken off--deep inside the channel. I have therefore given up and made an appointment at the shop to have this extracted. I...
2
2

Rislone & Oil Leak
I put a can of Rislone in my 380sl a few days ago, and I now have oil leaking from somewhere on my engine, yet to be determined. I was just wondering if anyone who's used Rislone had oil leaks...
1
1

Cold weather diesel starting
Yes, I know, this topic has been done to death. But still... What is the lowest temperature one can reasonably expect a 617 engine to start given new glow plugs and an average battery? Dropped to 10...
16
16

240 D block heater location
I'm looking to put a block heater on my 82 240D No love starting at 5F or less w/ Rotella 15W40 in the crankase. Is the magnetic better or worse than the plug? And the plug, where does it go on the...
1
1

'brake lining wear' and 'check lamps' warning - follow-up
Hi, I have a short follow-up on the story I posted before. Basically the 'brake lining wear' warning is gone. I also noted 3 or 4 times the check lamps' warning message and when I checked it indeed, a...
9
9

82 380SL tach stuck on 1800 RPM
After not being driven in over one month, I took my 82 380SL for some exercise. When I started the car, I heard a strange knocking sound that seemed to be from under the hood. I switched it off and...
2
2

Alternator "Screw" lower bolt '79 300D
In the course of changing V-belts, I have discovered the apparent absence of the lower bolt ("screw" according to the manual, as there is no nut.) However, I do not have a parts list to determine the...
9
9