Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Driveshaft Vibration Dampener
Some Mercedes have a rubber and metal disk at the front of the driveshaft that is called a vibration dampener. Both my 230CE 4-speed and the donor 190E 5-speed have this. I need to have a drive shaft...
8
8

[for sale] Mercedes Benz 400 CDI central engine unit
I sell this Mercedes Benz original ECU: contact me to have other informations and pictures.
1
1

1987 300E Thermostat stuck open?
Hi I have a funny feeling that my thermostat is stuck open and was wondering if there is any simple test to determine if it is open> I just drove home about 35 miles doing 70 mph on the freeway. The...
2
2

'79 300D Alternator V-belt
How many belts should the alternator have on a '79 300D? I thought two, but in starting to replace the belts today, I discovered one (1). If this should have two, then I may need to change...
4
4

Wood Trim
Does anyone know where I can obtain the simulated wood trim for around the shift lever and door switches for an 1987 420 SEL? Also I'm looking for the plastic piece at the bottom left side of the...
9
9

C220 Brakes
I plan to change my front pads soon. I have been following the threads on the type of pads. I may do my rotors as well. I know the rotors were changed about 100,000 miles ago, at 150,000. I think I...
1
1

300D Glow Plugs
Although this has been covered extensively, I want to clarify some information from earlier posts. My understanding is, that if you have the "loop type" (older) glow plugs, AND your glow plug light...
7
7

Save Upto $ 450 On Auto Insurance. Get A Free Quote Today
gives you instant Auto quotes from some of the Top Auto Insurance companies in the market. You can compare company rates and get the best possible deal for your vehicle. Our customers have on an...

Re: Phoenix Courts The A-RAbs
Where's that pic of your SL500, failed Flitwick junkman..?
13
13

Re: Not the Brits' finest hour...
Where's your SL500 pic, junkman..?

Break at flex pipe
This bites my butt...the header pipe broke at the downstream end of the flex pipe and the damned thing looks brand new. Muffler shop and my indy MB guy says they can't be fixed. JD
3
3

AN ATROCIOUS MURDER.; A Sister Murdered by Her Brother, who Glories in His Crime, and Gives a Reason for it
AN ATROCIOUS MURDER.; A Sister Murdered by Her Brother, who Glories in His Crime, and Gives a Reason for it--Five Children Left Motherless. Yesterday, shortly after noon, three men residing at...
2
2

'brake lining wear' warning
Hi, I got shot question for 00' E320. The above warning started popping up. How much left. Is it hard to DIY brake pads? Is batter to get OEM or some good aftermarket brands would also work out? Thx,...
12
12

wiper motor 1999 c230k
mono wiper on my 1999 c230k stopped sweeping halfway across screen.... I found platic gear in the windscreen wiper motor is stripped ... is this replaceable/repairable or need new motor?? Is this...
3
3

Fuse burns out on a W123 from 1976 when headlights are turned on
Hi. I am trying to repair an old M230 W123 from 1976 that has a problem where the fuse burns out as soon as you turn on the lights. I have tried to disconnect both front lights and back lights and I...
4
4