Any ideas on cooking oil diesel?

I have two MB diesels, both '81s, 240D and 300D. With the recent jump in fuel prices I'm now getting ready to collect and "refine" cooking oil from local eateries. I'd first like to make a batch of maybe 5 gallons or so and then add it progressively to ordinary #2 diesel....maybe 2 gallons to a 15-gallon fillup, then 4 gallons, etc. What I need is a good program on exactly what to do with cooking oil once I get it. I know there is an initial filtering but then my understanding is I need to add some ingredients and then do some testing. I also understand some of the fumes given off during the "refining" process are rather toxic. Anyone know of a good, reliable site I can search for a step-by-step procedure?

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Just do a search in internet through Yahoo... search under SVO Straight Vegetable Oil... or WVO Waste Vegetable Oil...

Tiger