Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Please help! Leaky sunroof
Hi, We've been having torrential rain for the past couple of days here in Vancouver, BC and I've discovered that I have a serious sunroof leak in my '85 300SD. All four footwells get wet. The black...
4
4

560SEL temp control
I bought a '89 560SEL (64K mi.) a couple of months ago. My first MB. I am really enjoying it. Yesterday was the first time I have gotten a chance to get it out on the open road, as well as a few back...
1
1

mercedes nokia 6210 needed
Anybody got one for sale? The new Nokia phones don't work with the wrteched Mercedes Comand system.
6
6

92 400e fuel capacity?
Bought a 1992 400E a month ago. Love it. No manual yet. What is the fuel tank capacity? It seems small. John Ross
8
8

ML320 Won't Start Reliably
While travelling to vacation, we stopped for gas and my '99 ML320 would not restart. It turned over fine but would not run. The fuel pump was replaced @ about 40,000 miles and it now has 98,000 miles....
3
3

Rust Proofing Overspray Cleanup
Looking for the best solution to clean up rust proofing overspray. I was thinking of using solutions to remove tar however these seem to be very harsh on the paint work. Any suggestions? Someone went...
1
1

Radiator Neck Breakage...
1988 300e...Any shortcuts (read: "cheap") ways to fix this breakage? Mine broke about a week ago...I have the hose clamped on the remaining 1/2" or so of neck but realize this isn't exactly a long...
8
8

2003 C200 Kompressor - Squeaky Suspension?!
Just talked to a lexus saleswoman. She proudly told me all her lexus cars have dealer guarantee for trouble-free in the first three years and that that that blah blah blah. That really made me a...
5
5

Re: Green Interior on a 72 280 sel 4.5
I haven't seen a US spec 280sel 4.5 with MB tex. Howard 1972 280sel 4.5
8
8

How to remove fuse box in '85 300SD?
I would like to look under the fuse box for a look see . I have some electrical gremlins, a consistently blowing fuse, #15, any ideas what it could be? cp
1
1

Loose Object in Underbody of W124
Hello everyone, It appears my 87 300D has a gremelin -- a loose object somewhere in the underbody of the car. I believe it to be a socket I may have left on the battery tray, as a couple of weeks ago...

Towing Capacity of 1994 E320 Wagon?
I'm thinking of putting a trailer hitch on my 1994 E320 station wagon to tow a utility trailer that might hold 1,000 pounds of stuff (furniture or garden tractor, e.g.). I'm not sure of the weight of...
1
1

380SL throttle linkage
Any idea where I can get a picture or print of the throttle linkage on a 1984 380sl. There is a ball socket mounted on the fire wall with a spring loaded shaft that goes to a bracket on the engine -...
1
1

Becker Mexico Sound System Inquiry--how to test
I have a 70's vintage Becker Mexico AM-FM-cassette unit that I'd like to bench test. It has a "loudspeaker" module connected by a multi-pin plug. The back of the main unit has an antenna jack and...
1
1

More on the W126's SRS light and crash sensor
So, from previous posts I am resurrecting a bruised 1991 300SE that had the driver seat belt and passenger airbag deploy. It was in a minor "threshold 1" collision. I found a seat belt retractor,...

Idle adjustment on 79' 300D
The cable on the dash mounted idle adjustment is broken. Anyone know how to adjust idle speed from under the hood? Thanks in advance.
3
3

Re: '87 300D Question....
It's not unusual for a Mercedes owner to upgrade whenever possible. The 1987 300D TURBO was only imported that one year. Mercedes recalled it to replace the trapidizer which could cause damage. When...
8
8

Re: '86 300 SDL wheels & tires questions
235/55-16 is as big as you can go. Any smaller size tire will wotk as long as the diametr is within 2%. Use this: think chrome looks tack and pimped out and prefer alloys (which are painted silver as...
1
1

1991 190E 2.6 Oil Filter Housing Leaking Coolant?
A few weeks ago I flushed the coolant in my 1991 190E 2.6, refilled and ran the car for approx 500 miles with no problems. The other night my wife mentioned that the radiator light had come on...
5
5

97 E420 Sport - Lighter fuse???
Where is the fuse for the cig lighter located? I see in the manual that there are 3 locations for fuses. I've blown something while using an air compressor. Hoping its just a fuse. Any help will be...
1
1