Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ML320 & iPod
I have a 2002 ML 320 with CD changer (who designed a CD player that does not shuffle discs?). Is it possible to connect an Apple iPod either in place of or in conjunction with the player? Any after...
6
6

1972 W117 280SE 4.5 Fuel Injection Trouble
Car been sitting around for 3 years. Finally got the engine to turn just to find out the four middle electronic fuel injectors are either not getting or, not providing the injectors with electricity....
1
1

HARD COLD STARTING in MERC W124
Please help to solve this problem as i found an old MERC WDB124026 is hard to start in the morning! and the car will dies during deceleration... We changed the following 1. spark plugs 2. THe WHOLE...
6
6

Mercedes 300E 24 Valve ...Burning Oil ??
Hi I live in Australia and have a 1990 300E 24 Valve. I have just had the car converted to run on LPG. My car has 200,000 km on the clock and a FULL service history. My problem is that the car is...
8
8

240D vs 300SD for a beater/commuter car?
So I'm a total Mercedes-Benz noob, in spite of some lurking and searching through this newsgroup. I'm looking for a CHEAP, small commuter car to save my truck some miles and wear and tear. I'd like a...
8
8

OM603 Knocking Noise
Hey All, My 87 300D (OM603.96) just picked up a horrible knocking/rumbling noise... the other day, I was low on gas and time and went to a usually reliable station and picked up a few gallons, drove...
2
2

ML320 - Dashboard Lights ?
Guys The ilumination of my dashboard seems very dim and getting dimmer when driving at night - Is there an adjustment for this anywhere on the dash which I may have moved accidently without knowing ?...
2
2

Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor (yr 2000) 4-SALE...sharp !!
Yr 2000, Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor 4-SALE Description/Condition: silver, show room condition, chrome wheels, shiny rims, no accidents, 1 owner, 55K miles, 6 CD changer, a/c, automatic, sharp,...

Becker Radio Question
I have a '91 300E with an original Becker (Grand Prix?) radio/cassette. I am trying to attach my iPod to it so I can listen to my music collection on the road (this worked until recently). But the...
4
4

E320 backup lights
I recently bought a 1999 E320 that seems to have been well taken care of. The only problem I now know of is, the backup light dont work. I've checked the bulbs and fuses. I'd try bypassing the switch...
1
1

83 300D Throttle Bushing
At least I think its a throttle bushing. It seems that the linkage from the throttle to the firewall connects through a rubber bushing. This piece has separated and I need a new one. I wanted to...
1
1

19840300D Hard Shift
I just purchased a 1984 300D. Nice car, 160k, very clean, however the transmission shifts very hard from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 when cold. Gets better when it warms up? Any suggestions? Thanks
1
1

mercedes 82' 380sel
I am trying to solve these 2 problems I have with this car. first, I do not get a kickdown,and it is shifting really fast. Also, the car runs rough and when I shut it off if the car sits more than 2...
5
5

1987 260E tachometer not working
Hi all, I have removed all under dash panel n checked all wiring connection but tach still not working .Is there a fuse /relay or other problem causing Tach failure. Thanks in advance joey
2
2

steering gearbox adjustment 83 240D
Can anyone describe to me how to adjust the tension on the steering gearbox? I have narrowed down the 15-20 degrees of play (which is interesting in muddy weather or even water filled ruts on the...
9
9

83 300sd engine noise
I've got a noise that seems to be engine speed and load dependant. Under partial throttle acceleration @ 22-2300 rpm I hear a noise from under the hood that sounds like a plastic coach's whistle...
4
4

Coolant loss M103?
I have a 1989 Brabus 3.6, M103 engine. I am experiencing coolant without an obvious cause. The same thing was happening to me 6 months ago but oil was in the coolant so I changed the head gasket...
8
8

Light smoke from the engine bay.
Hi, Just finished a short road trip (450 miles each way) in my 96 E320 (70K miles) and on the return trip at a gas stop and again at home, I noticed a small bit of smoke (not much, not white, more...
5
5

Oil warning lamp
During a normal driving with about 100 km/h (65 mph) on a straight level road the Oil level warning lamp lights on for a few seconds for no obvious reasons. I stopped the car immediately and checked...
1
1

Where to get Mercedez SLK 230 1999 front hood and front grill?
Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy front hood and grill for my Mercedes SLK230 year 1999? I checked the dealer and they are quite expensive. I wonder if there are places with offer better deals....