Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

300td paint job
how do you remove 1. roof rack 2.chrome strip along gutter 3. center molding. any other words of help going to strip it down for a complete paint job
1
1

Win a Mercedes CLK.
Win a Mercedes CLK in our reverse bid auction,Play NOW your first bid FREE ! How do I Win? it's simple the lowest unique bid wins go to the website below or text your bid and thats it Your in the...
2
2

91 Mercedes 350SDL will not start! Help. Please?
My wife was driving the car on empty (reserve light on) and she stopped at the mall and went back out to come home, backed up a few feet, it died and it would not start. Towed it to the gas station...
5
5

Transmission fluid cooler leak in C230
I've got a 2002 C230 Sports Coupe with a potentially expensive problem. The car has had way too many problems in the past, mostly electrical in nature, plus an impressive assortment of plastic trim...
17
17

300E 89: Update
Jenns, Tom and others...I replaced the 02 sensor and the car did the same thing but idled for 15 minuts with the ovp connected. The check engine light appeared the while running time. I had to run...
11
11

82 MB 300D Turbo Diesel OVERHEATING HELP!!
So I am still a newbie. I have had my MB for a few months now and am working the kinks out. Here is my latest inquiry. I am noticing that after about 5 - 10 minutes of driving it starts to show on the...
11
11

sl600 window problem
The drivers side window in my 94 sl600 made clunking sounds going up sometimes. Now it is off track and you can just hear a whirring sound when you hit the switch to make it go up and down. The window...
6
6

1986 300SDL runs hot, air conditioner intermittent
My 300SDL is running at 100 most of the time - even a little hotter when climbing. There was a new thermostat installed, but the car continues to run at 100. The overflow radiator cap was replaced...
11
11

Mercedes E280 does not start
Thsi car once it starts there is no problem. Recently the problem started that it would not start. Then you wait for for 30 minutes and then it starts. Sometimes you wait overnight then it would...
4
4

Help! Brakes won't pump up on my 1986 190E
Pads on front are fairly new, not sure about the back ones, can't get wheels off, but the brakes won't pump up, car stops but not real quick, if you are going backwards down a slope that really seem...
23
23

1985 380SE 144K miles, Tachometer dead
I bought a used 85 380SE with 144K miles on it this month - got it real cheap. It runs and drives but not very well. I have read many posts in this forum and they are very helpful. I'll put them to...
20
20

No Spare Tire in My New 2006 CLS500
Before I call my salesman tomorrow are Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires considered run flat? I didn't think they were. In looking at my wheel well though, it looks as if there never was a tire in there as...
3
3

SLK vs Chrysler Crossfire
I have been test-driving some slks and a bunch of other behicles lately. when i test-drove a chrysler crossfire and mentioned the slk he told me that both cars have almost identical parts, including...
3
3

E320 door lock beeping
The remote for my E 320 works OK when pointed in the right direction. But no beep-beep! My friends cars (not a Mercedes) gives a loud beep on locking or unlocking. Can I not get a Beep?? John
5
5

1993 190e 2.3 - No Heat ?
It's gonna be cold and my heater barely works. Are there any easy parts I should check or change before pulling the heater core? How do I get to the heater core anyway? Thx wd
4
4

steering problems W123-200d
Hi all, I've some problems with steering my 22-years old w123 200d. I've to turn/rotate my steering wheel about 5 centimeters before the car is changing his direction. Or for example: When i'm driving...
7
7

560sl black plugs and a miss. Help please?
Dear Group, I have a 1986 560sl with 100K the engine has become rough running at low speed. It shakes at idel and becomes smooth as you start to drive. It sounds like a solid miss at idle but any plug...
13
13

1985 Mercedes 380SE Water Pump Removal
Hello, I'm replacing the water pump on my Mercedes 380SE for the first time ever. I'm finding it to be a tricky job. Question, how do I remove the bolt at the bottom of the pump and behind the timing...
4
4

2000 S500 lower ball joint
How long should take a professional with the right tools and expertise to replace a lower ball joint to an S500 year 2000? I know that the part is not expensive but I have been getting quotes all over...
1
1

E320 Starting Problem
I have a 96 E320 that sometimes starts fine, then other times cranks but doesn't start. Some days it takes 5 or 6 tries, then finally starts, other days not at all. I'll come back 2 days later and it...
11
11