Best Rated threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transmission Problem on W202
HI There, I got a problem when shifting the lever from Neutral to Drive position. Whenever I shift from N to D, the car jerks and shift into the drive harshly. However, If I shift from neutral to...
6
6

190 Diesel, slow, rough, shaky idle
How do I set the idle on my Merc 190 diesel? It is running very rough at tickover - about 550 rpm. There is no way to set up a smooth idle on the throttle cable. Is there an adjustment at the injector...
5
5

1994 E320 Door Lock /Alarm Out of Synch?
I believe windows should come down when key held in unlock position, but when I turn key to unlock position and hold, windows go "up"...if they are down! Also alarm will sound if door is opened. Now...
1
1

2000 SLK Engine idles rough
Hello, I recently purchased a 2000 SLK with 38,000 miles. Dispite many trips to the dealer, the engine continues to idle rough, with a rythmic shudder. It's not constant, and not all that noticeable,...
3
3

1984 300D ignition key won't turn
Hi, I have a 1984 300D that recently developed a problem with the ignition. Frequently, the key won't turn out of position 0. As soon as the problem began, I ordered a new key (cut to code) and...
2
2

1988 190E power loss
I have a Mercedes that is having an intermittent power loss problem. The problem is usually worse when traveling at slow speeds, and when pressing softly on the accelerator pedal. The power usually...
9
9

1972 Mercedes 250 Stainless Exhaust For Sale
I have a complete 304 stainless steel exhaust system for a 1972 Mercedes 250. It was purchased from Time Valve and installed on the car but used very little. It still has the plastic shipping labels...

Speedometer wobble
I've noticed that the speedometer on my '95 E320 has become erratic - sometimes wobbling a lot (esp. at low speed), sometimes not even engaging until around 30mph. Is this simply due to a lack of...
7
7

How do I test Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) Engine 104.992 (3.2L)
I have a 1993 300E 3.2 with a 104.992 engine that recently started acting up on me. The "Check Engine" light is NOT on but when I start the car cold, it starts and idles fine but after about a minute...

85 300SD: trunk won't unlock!
The key still appears to work OK. You cant push the button in and the key turns like always; you see all the other locks pop up, and you hear a "click" inside the trunk as if the vacuum actuator has...
8
8

radiator expansion tank exploded
I have a 96 e230 and the expansion tank on top of the radiator exploded causing damage to the bonnet of the car. I was stuck in traffic and noticed that the temp was running a high (just below the red...
6
6

Last plea for help changing steering coupling. 107 V8
Group, I am surprised that I have not been able to find any info on changing the steering coupling on my 107 Mercedes. I have found some vague suggestions that it is easier to drop the steering box...
4
4

ABS light on and high edle 560sl help
Group, My ABS light came on as I was driving my 1986 560sl and two blocks later when I went to stop I found that my engine will not idle below 1500 RPM.. I feel that these two things are connected as...
1
1

spark plug gap & torque setting
hi, Does anyone know what the spark plug gap and torque setting should be for a 1996 e230 ? Alan
4
4

Front Coil Springs on 83 300D w/ Sunroof
I am looking for front coil springs for an 83 300D but cannot find a listing for them. I can find a listing for w/o sunroof. Is there a difference between with and without sunroof? Thanks Jay
3
3

'89 300E blower Motor still doesn't work.
Calling all Mercedes experts!!!! About 1 month ago, my AC Blower stopped all together. I have replaced: Fuse Blower Motor (new)Old motor squeaked Blower Regulator (from Salvage, off 300E with less...

W124 Intermittent Nervous on-center steering
1987 300E. Recently replaced one tie-rod end and idler arm bushing. All new control arms in the rear. New 205/55/16 Yokohama W rated tires. Alignment adjusted and then verified by a second shop. The...
8
8

om 636 FS
I have an om636 diesel engine torn down for inspection for sale located in Southwestern Ontario Canada. Engine needs the cylinders freshened up, new rings and a good cleaning. If interested contact...

C280 vs E320
I am looking at 2 cars 1995 same mileage same price one a E320 and the other a C280, would like some help as to the differances and which one would be the better buy. Both have the 6 cyl. one a 2.8...
12
12

2001 ML320 - Locking System Malfunction
I own a 2001 ML320 that has been trouble free . . . until now. I presently own two other Mercedes that are and have been excellent vehicles over a period of 19 years. The 4 year warranty of the ML320...
3
3