C230 automatic transmission - don't service?

We have a '97 C230 that we purchased new and have given lots of TLC. I'm= a strong believer in preventative maintenance and was surprised when the dealer service manager recommended against servicing the transmission. =20

I figured at 145K miles the transmission must be do for new fluid or filter. The vehicle shifts smoothly when warmed up but getting into 3rd = is a little slow before the first 5-10 minutes of operation.

Any comments?

Thanks,

LB

Reply to
NoSpam

It is a crapshoot at this time... but your transmission is telling you you got a problem... so I'd at least change the filter and fluid to see if it improves the shifting. If yes, then I'd do a full fluid change... gradually.

Reply to
Tiger