FS: 1985 300D, 118K miles, in central NJ

I'm selling my beloved 1985 300D. I am the second owner. Judging from the maintenance book, very good care was taken by the previous owner. I did likewise. Car has 118.3k original miles and runs excellently. Color is Smoke Silver with cream MBTex interior. This car drives straight and very strong. The tranny shifts fine through all gears. Paint is in overall good condition. There is rust underneath behind the rear passenger-side tire, which can be fixed easily. I touched-up a smallish paint chip on the hood edge on top of the driver's side headlight and a few spots on the trunk. There is some slight rust on three of the four jack holes, but they still work fine. The driver's seat has the usual wear on the outer corner, but the rest of the interior is in very good condition. Sunroof works and does not leak at all. Block heater is installed and was used during the winter.

The car does leak a very small amount of oil from the underside, but nothing major. The a/c needs a recharge. The passenger-side electric mirror, and rear defroster have not worked since I bought the car. I just tried replacing the sun visors from a newer 300D. The new ones will not stay up and you may want to replace them. All gauges, windows, heat, front defroster work fine. I just repaired the auto-climate control and cruise control.

Car has (4) new Bilstein shocks, (4) new tires with alignment, (less than a year of road use on the shocks and tires), new fuel lines, new fuel pre-filter and hose, new front rotors, new brake pads, brake wear sensors, new rear stabilizer links, new steering tie rods, and the valves were adjusted. The timing chain will pro'lly need changing around 120K miles. All work done by Exclusive Auto Service in Lakewood, NJ with receipts to show. I installed a remote keyless entry and and a new muffler. The stereo system is an Alpine 7892 CD head unit with MBQuart speakers all around. This car starts and drives very strong!

I don't want to sell, but I really don't need the car. I have mentioned all I know that is wrong it. This car drives very well and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country. This car will provide many miles for the lucky owner. As any diesel owner knows, 118K miles is just broken in for a diesel. Price is $3400 or b/o. Car is in the central NJ (Woodbridge/Edison) area. Pictures can be provided upon request. Thanks.

Reply to
Tony S.

VERY interested! In Princeton...

Please contact me at DoHop (at) hotmail.com

Reply to
DoHop