Good News for Diesel Fans!

M-B will sell a '06 diesel powered SUV that will get about 30 MPG!

Other manufacturers are also thinking diesel, especially after mid 2006 when the diesel fuel's sulfur content will be cut.

Read on:

T.G. Lambach

Any word on the size of the engine?

Reply to
Josh

No details about the SUV's diesel; the new SUV will be sold this spring with a 3.5L 24 valve V-6 and a 5.0L V-8.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I read that the new "G" class will have it.MB plans on using the ML frame to build the new style "G". BTW, the new "G" will be built at the Tuscaloosa, Alabama plant.

Stay tuned!

Reply to
BG

The big questions are will it be price competitively and will it be quality?

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

They already make a competitively priced diesel SUV: the jeep liberty

PS - has anyone noticed the resemblance between the new m class and the new grand cherokee?

OR the cls class and the chrysler 300?

Reply to
chris tonjes

OM 642, 3.2-litre V6, 220 PS, max. torque 540 Nm

2987 cc, 4 valves per cylinder, compression ratio 18:1

Will be installed into M-Class and R-Class from mid-2006 on and then step-by-step introduction from the end of the year 2006 on in S-Class, C-Class and E-Class.

Juergen

Juergen .

or ( according to "HP" magazine, the 300C with the 6.1 liter and a Bently , $40K vs $240K )

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

If they have the engine, why so long?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Welcome back from vacation.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Quite funny 3,2-litre engine having only 2987 cc.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

Arn't you freezing in Finland?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Of cource not.

We have ice bears warming us up and nice little snow castles to live in.

We all make Nokia cellular phones here and dive our Mercedes over the ice all year long ;-)

How about you?

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

Similar (slightly more) power to the 3.2-l petrol engine (218 PS). Diesel is coming on in leaps and bounds.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

That is known as a non-sequitur....

BTW I checked the 10-day forecast for two cities in Finland, Turku and Helsinki, and it seems it is fluctuating only between about 0 and -10 deg C. Can't be much different from NE North America..

:-) DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Harri Markkula" wrote

There must be one of you making Sisu engines. I think the name of the person who built mine is Ari Kolmeinen. I'll have to check.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

All true.

We are even having a fairly rare snowstorm. 4 to 8 inches in the DC area they claim. Everybody wishes it was 2 days later so they could avoid work/school.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

It sounds like much more fun than the Washington DC area.

Here we just have crime, violence, traffic, pollution and the orifice of power of the last remaining superpower.

On the bright side, we are getting a baseball team.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Well, that's the price for your freedom, I suppose.

And Mr Bush The Second will give you even more and did promise to give it to the whole world couple days ago.

Lucky you.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

greek_philosophizer haute in die Tasten:

Stayed in Helsinki during New Year's eve 1988/1989, was a very strange, yet funny place. All the streets were covered with ten inches of solid ice, the municipal services did not even make an attempt to clear the streets. But the cars are allowed to wear spikes in their tires, and every now and then you see an angry young man chasing his compact car around corners in a dazzling speed. After having seen that I understand why about 18 of 20 rallye driving world champions were born either in Finland or in Sweden.

BTW: Currently, in Helsinkli daylight appears at 10am and disappears again at 2pm. It does not surprise me that Finland and Sweden have imposed strict regulations on selling liquor to their people;-)

Nice people, nice country, nevertheless!

Reply to
Frank Kemper