Mercedes 280E Auto (Petrol) Running Problem

Please can somebody help

I have a 1994 280E Auto (petrol) estate which suddenly lost a lot of performance.

1/. The engine won't idle at all. 2/. Once started I have to keep it alive with the throttle or the engine will stall. 3/. It won't rev above 4000 rpm. If the engiine approaches these revs the engine begins to stumble and will cut out even while driving. 4/. There is a strong smell of unburnt fuel at idle, like the fuel mixture is wrong.

I am thinking the EMU might have defaulted into a "Get Home" mode...If this is correct can it be reset and how?

Kind Regards

Mark Lilley

Reply to
Mark Lilley

It could just be miss firing for any reason....

Pull the plugs and examine them, work from there...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph