Latest threads in MG Sports Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

spares etc now rover/mg gone?
Hi All, I know now that Cat own the spares we're meant to be assured of being able to get spares for recent rovers and MGs, but in practical terms - as a punter, who would I go to to buy stuff like...
1
1

Sudden loss of pwer
Hi all, I've come out of lurker mode to seek a little advice :-) I have an MG Midget that I do not know that much history. It has is an american import, and has a 1275 low emissions engine that has...
2
2

anyone got/driven a diesel MG ZT?
looking to buy one at the moment and would appreciate some feedback. tossup between the ZT (better handling, interesting styling, last chance to buy a "british" car, chips to around 150BHP) or a skoda...
5
5

Should I....?
Persuaded SWMBO that I *need* to change the car, and since 16 I've wanted to get a Midget (aged 32 now!). I have NO experience of maintaining a car (never even done an oil change on my car), and...
2
2

Laid up MGB
Hi all, I am preparing to pick up a new toy, a 1980 MGB GT 1.8. It has been in a garage for at least 10 years so, before I can get it running, I guess I have some work to do. I'm assuming: Tyres...
7
7

mgf head advice please
Hi all. Strange but true 30 miles into my trip the oil light on my f came on; shut the engine down immediately lots of steam at the back end. Guessed it was probably the head gasket, after the engine...
1
1

FS:1965 Chrome Bumper Pull Handle MGB Roadster...
I have just posted my 1965 MGB on eBay: are lots of very detailed pictures (nearly 100) and the auction started at $1.00 USD with no reserve. Closes on December 5, 2005 at PM PST. Good luck!

Plastic windscreen
Is De-icer spray OK on an MGF rear windscreen and is there a safe way to scrape ice off without scratching? I've got renovo window polish which works wonders, but I'd rather it dodn't get like that in...
2
2

New to mg
I have just bought a 1974 MGB. It has been restored in the past, and has no bubbling or rust that I can see externally. It has wire wheels (probably re painted??? and good chrome bumpers. It has just...
6
6

Winter in an MGF
Should I avoid the snow and ice and get the missus to drive me to work in her car or does the MGF have the winter prowess of a snowmobile (ignoring the ride height issue). :)
4
4

[FS]/How much is it worth MG B GT 1980
Hi All, I want to sell my MG. It is a 1980 V reg MG B GT. 65k miles, loads of service history. Years MOT. 7 months tax. Russet brown. Wheels are mini-lite style alloys. Full working order. I guess the...
18
18

Gotta Great MG?
Hi Folks I know that is easier to knock a car and recommend that the owner should buy something else but, considering that the MG is the most popular sports car in the UK. IS ANYBODY ACTUALLY HAPPY...
14
14

My awful MG.
here is a list or rant on what i think is crap about MGF's. If left on the drive for more than 3 weeks battery goes flat. Intermittent ticking from the engine, sounds like valve gear trouble but when...
2
2

MGF Steptronic gearbox problem - Help wanted
My wife's Y-reg MGF's Steptronic gearbox has played up twice since we acquired the car three weeks ago. On both occasions the car sounds like it has "slipped out of gear" with the engine revving...
5
5

What Amazon doesn't want you to know.
Gentle reader, First, my apology for cross-posting to this NG. Be assured that this is a one-off. It will never happen again. My sole purpose is to draw your attention to what I believe are dubious...