Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A Lego Legend?
Silly buggers, but the Lego Mini's don't look quite the biz though? I mean their supposed to be a 4 seater and have room for that gold too! Part One: Part Two: Taffy
11
11

Starter motor
Help required. I have a pre-engaged starter motor on my '89 Mini 1000 and when I turn the ignition key it just clicks. It takes several attempts at turning the key before the motor turns. Can anyone...
6
6

Steering and suspension
Hi All, Yet another question for you! Can some one tell me what points and areas to look at please as my Mini shakes and rattles about at 50 through to 60 MPH. (1989 110,000 mile mini) I have replaced...
5
5

re running hot
Hi Never thought about the head gasket but the oil and water are both clean as a whistle. later Gary
3
3

Help!! Headlining
Hi, Can anyone tell me the order that the coloured headlining hoops are fitted? I've lost the piece of paper that had the headlining notes on it. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers, Chris.
4
4

Re: A clutch question; can anyone help with this?
When you are changing the clutch check for oil as the crank seal often goes. It may be worth replacing this when you have it all apart so you don't end up doing it at a later date.

running hot
Hi Our open classic doesn't like the warm weather. Its had a couple of mammoth runs recently and is getting very close to the red. Over the past months its had new rad, thermostat and cap. The...
5
5

Re: Up or down?
In message , Graham L writes That's the way it was done at the factory.
2
2

SRS fault on Classic Mini
Hi, my SRS light has just come on, any suggestions to get the thing to go off before i take it to Rover on Friday next to get done? Thanks Jono
3
3

Electronic ignition - what is best?
Greetings to all minifans! My '69 red MKII vil need an overhaul this summer. And I have decided, that electronic ignition will be a good upgrade. The motor is a 1100 cc with HS4 carb. and 45d...
2
2

Ok - its in pretty good condition - advice on keeping it like this!
So, I'm ashamed to say my old red mayfair wasn't looked after very well. At least it gave me a good idea of where minis deteriorate! I've just got hold of a lovely Clubby Estate (not perfect but good)...
2
2

Drum to disc brakes - how? Can anyone help?
Hi, I've had a mini mayfair for a few years, so I know my way around a mini - but I'm not a car genius by any means so go easy on me! I've managed to buy a nice clubby estate in really good condition....
5
5

A clutch question; can anyone help with this?
Hi, This may be a simple one but I've just bought a Mini Clubman Estate in very good cond. However, the clutch is slipping, especially on hills/fast acceleration. Tried driving it up a set of ramps...
3
3

mini fest 2006
mini-fest 2006 is in preston next month on the 22/23july, did anyone go last year and if so was it any good, me and a few mates are thinking of going to this one but i cant find anything out about it...

Mini Front Brakes not working - help / ideas needed!!
I'm working on an '89 Mini - the brakes are dual circuit front/rear. The master cylinder, pipes and calipers have been replaced all round. Having bled the front and rear circuits, the rear brakes are...
14
14