Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Front wheel bearings
The front wheel bearings on my cooper sport 500 require changing (not a problem for me to do). I"ve looked in the Moss spares catalogue and it shows a plain washer behind the hub nut.On my mini this...
1
1

classic mini 5 speed gearbox anyone want one ?
hiya I have a classic mini cooper with a 1400 and a 5 speed box that i have only ever run in the garage. I have decided to sell the 5 speed box, Its almost as new and i have never run it on the road...
2
2

One Vs Cooper, pre-2007 BINIs
Can anyone tell me the differences between a MINI One and a MINI Cooper for the pre-2007 BMW models? I know that for instance they both have the same 1.6 engine with different software tuning and they...

Mini Cooper - old and new
Wall Street Journal - April 27, 2006 The...Mini was an instant hit when it made its debut in the U.S. in 2002, a favorite of fashionable hipsters and driving enthusiasts alike. Given that corporate...
6
6

Looks can be deceiving in new Mini Cooper

Mini Classic Biodiesel
Hi All I am interested in starting a new project to put a diesel engine into a classic mini with ideas of running it on biodiesel. Does anybody know of a diesel engine that is small enough? Thanks in...
2
2

Removing front subframe
I am in the process of stripping my Clubman down to get at some rust areas and the front subframe needs to come out (the motor is already out). My question is, where do you disconnect the steering...
9
9

Another actual mini qiuestion
One of the bolts has sheared off in the engine block. If I was to replace it with an "Ultimate Engine Stabiliser" attached to the termostat housing would I also have to have a stabiliser where the...
3
3

Front suspension
Dear all, I've noticed the front O/S suspension sagging on my 1978 Mini Clubman so that the tyre is only about 3CM from the wheel arch. Could someone please tell me how best to fix this? Cheers,...
3
3

2007 mini
New MiniCooper isn't mini-uscule By Ron Moorhead SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES March 9, 2007 It has captured the imagination of people of all ages -- many too young to have a driver's license. The...

Actual classic Mini question!
Strange as it may seem, I have a real classic mini question. I'm about to have rebuilt a 1098 motor. Is it worth the cost of boring it out, say, 20 thou oversize? I assume theoretically you would gain...
4
4

Twinky (twin cam) 1275
How about a 16 valve fuel injection 1275 Mini.
1
1

Go FISH Carbies
I was reading David Vizard's book on Mini tune and he talks on about Fish carburetters. Anyone had any experience with them and are they still available? Not that I want one especially, but just...

2006 MCS PS FS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I hate to do it, but need to trim up abit, I have a 2006MCS PS with about 6k on it, since its not my daily driver, it...

Brake problem - Master cylinder?
Hi, please help w.r.t. a brake problem thats been around for ages although I believe the cause has been changing. My 1275HLE Clubman 1982 has a tandem type master cylinder with a front/ back split....
6
6