Best Rated threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring a Smiths ammeter
Im thinking of putting an ammeter in my 98 MPi and was wondering how to wire it. Do i need to take a feed directly off my alternator, if so, which wire is it? Then is it simply earthed in the normal...
4
4

SRS fault on Classic Mini
Hi, my SRS light has just come on, any suggestions to get the thing to go off before i take it to Rover on Friday next to get done? Thanks Jono
3
3

Could anyone help me with Smiths Tachometer wiring for Mini 1000?
I have 1976 Mini 1000. My father gave me old Smiths Tachometer for my car but he doesn't know how to wire it. I have wires for it but no clue how to connect it. Front View View (white wire with black...
8
8

99 Rover mini cooper problem starting
Hi, I have a weird problem with my mini which developed a few weeks ago. Basically sometimes the engine turns over but it does not appear that any fuel can get to the engine, so hence it wont start....
6
6

Temp gauge problem
My temperature gauge shows hot as soon as you turn the car on. I've replaced the clock and the sender, but it's still showing the wrong reading. Could this be due to a faulty voltage stabiliser?...
2
2

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Query
Hi All, Was wondering if anyone can tell me how vital the oil pressure relief valve is ? Am asking as I want to fit an oil temperature gauge, as I will be hillclimbing the car, and Mini Spares do a...
4
4

Inline fuse for mini sprite
I have recently brought a mini sprite (1994, L reg) in excellent condition, passed its MOT with flying colours, but the indicators broke when i got home, they all flashed when i put on a directional...
2
2

Problem bleeding brakes on 78 mini moke
I have just replaced the rear brake cylinders & shoes, front pads and caliper pistons on a 78 mini moke with a tandem master cylinder. The problem I now have is actually bleeding the brakes. After a...
6
6

fitting scuttle corner repair panels
Hi Is it necessary to remove the windscreen to fit these? thanks Gary
6
6

Sportspack to clubman?
Hi anybody know if Sportspack arches will fit onto a 1974 Clubman? Only asking coz I've been offered a clubman at a good price and was wondering if the big arches would fit onto it or should I put...
11
11

speakers
Can anyone suggest some reasonable speakers to put in a mini sprite 1275 I am thinking of back shelf speakers first off, then maybe door speakers when I can decide how :-P -DJ
4
4

3 cylinder Suzuki/Daihatsu engine into a Mini
Hi, anyone had an experience fitting a 3 cylinder Suzuki or Daihatsu engine into a Mini, remember this conversion was popular in the USA a few years ago and am interested in trying it myself......?...
11
11

Syntetic oil for a classic mini?
Does anyone have any thought on whether syntheic should be use in the A series engine? Any recommendations? Andy Lytham st. Annes UK
18
18

What is the plural of "Mini Cooper S" ?
What is the plural of "Mini Cooper S" ? "Mini Cooper Ss" "Mini Cooper S's" "Mini Cooper Ses" "Mini Cooper S-es" "Mini Cooper S' " I need to know for my website! Ship Shiperton Henethe
1
1

Mini Classic Biodiesel
Hi All I am interested in starting a new project to put a diesel engine into a classic mini with ideas of running it on biodiesel. Does anybody know of a diesel engine that is small enough? Thanks in...
2
2

Urgent. where is the flasher unit on a 1972 clubman estate
Hi Need to know where the flasher unit is on a 1972 clubman estate...cant find it anywhere and indicators not working.. Just about to go out...well trying to...any help would be appriciated ASAP...
2
2

HELP! SPi to normally aspirated timing information PLEASE
Hi, Has anyone ever converted a late 1.3SPi 1275 Mini engine to normally aspirated plus electronic ignition? I have just fitted a modern A series with HIF44, K&N air filter, LCB and 2" exhaust. It has...
4
4

Mini British Open Classic - Webasto Roof
Has anybody a wiring diagram for the above? How does the motor reverse (only 2 wires green & earth). I bought the car with roof damage wiring and switch burnt out - can only assume switch reverses...

Temperature Gauge troubleshooting
(I did a search first, and found a few posts that confirm my initial observations. I'm hoping someone can give me a firmer answer.) My Mini's temperature gauge does not appear to be working. The...
16
16

spi to carb conversion
I have been thinking of converting my spi mini to a single 1 3/4 su carb. Anyone know where I can get information on doing this? Also, if I do this, do I have a problem at MOT time?
8
8