1992 Diamante LS Won't Start

My son inherited my Mitsu Diamante 1992 LS. It has 184,000 miles on it. He went away to college in the fall, and parked it in our driveway. I was running famously and smoothly. He's home now for Spring Break, and tried to start the car. We jumped the battery, put in fresh 93 octane gas, bottle of isopropyl gas line, and cranked the engine. It cranked, but did not fire.

We live in Upstate New York, and have had a brutal winter. Temperature today was just above freezing during daylight, will fall to mid-teens each night.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Les Malcovitch

Could be several things. Is there any spark coming out of the leads ?? If there is, then it could be a fuel problem, as if it cranks but dosnt fire, then maybe there is no fuel coming from your pump. Maybe the filter is blocked, or there is no fuel being pumped, I dont think cold has much to do with it. As i once lived in the snowy mountains here in Australia, and if parked and left started after several months. I would home in on fuel and spark.

Good luck

Peter

Reply to
Peter