6G72 's ignition is bad in 6 ways.

i) 1 coil for 6 plugs, is adequate up to just 2500 rpm : above 2500, sparks are too small for fast combustion. 2 camshafts mean 2 distributors can be used if needed, to use 2 coils. ii) carbon core cables' resistances are too high : I fitted 7 lower impedance ( 1x3, 6x ~300, ohm ) cables, noise ?, torque ?. iii) no capacitor fitted : I added just 44000 µF, noise ?50%, torque ?10%. BMW & VW already have capacitors. My 4G15P has 0.6 F added, torque is ~40% more, if cables are tri core & 3 ohm each. iv) distributor has no calibration*mark for timing : should have * embossed on mounting bracket, so timing is clear & can be set w-o a timing light. v) distributor cap is opaque : user cannot see whether cam shaft can move, or sparks inside. vi) cap has no air intake pipe : user in humid air can connect a hose with silica gel onto this pipe to dry air sucked in. so sparks inside produce ozone to oxidise soot in engine & plugs, & produce more heat fr petrol.

Reply to
TE Cheah