97 ecplise GS

I'm getting a clunking noise from the engine compartment when I cross over large potholes or RR tracks. It isn't consistent but it is frequent and just sounds like something is loose.

It's got 130K miles, CV Joints? I checked the boots and they are bone dry on the outside with no sign of oil leakage.

Reply to
mook johnson

check the strut mounts, make sure they aren't cracked.

Reply to
Eric F