Best Rated threads in Mitsubishi Cars and Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mitsubishi Montero ECM Computer needed
I am looking for a source for a rebuilt/OEM ECM computer for a 1990 or 1991 Mitsubishi Montero. Any favorites? Also, I've seen that some ECMs (Dimante) suffer from faild capacitors. Any chance that...
3
3

89 Eagle Vista GT Turbo 1.6L For Sale
Last call for anyone who knows anyone that could use this car either for parts or to fix (2 TB Injectors required: $400 Can.). Still runs good minus the injectors. Has 369,000 km. New alternator. I...

Anti-Theft Radio Code Procedure
I recently bought a late-'90s Mitsubishi W190 AM/FM/CD radio on eBay. The seller said it would work in all Mitsus. Even though the face plate said "ANTI-THEFT" on the upper right when I first saw it,...
3
3

Cigarette lighter doesn't work
Hi, I've got a '96 Mitsubishi Gallant V6 24V (UK spec). I plugged a cheap car hoover into the cigarette lighter last week and it stopped working. The fuse for the lighter looked OK but I changed it...
1
1

Central Locking Problem with 2001 Carisma
Hi I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Carisma and the central locking is playing up. It unlocks all the doors but it wont lock them. I have to lock the doors manually and then when I turn the key in the drivers...
3
3

OBD code P1715
Does anybody know what the ODB code 1715 means for the Mitsubishi Montero Sport? Also does anybody know what the Technical Service Bulletin 9823005R is about? It mentions this code. tks
2
2

What is this brown residue on battery? (w pic)
What is this brown residue on top of the screws on the battery of my galant 00? a stupid question, should i clean this? +
4
4

1997 Eclipse GS, supercharger, Yes or No?
I have a 1997 Eclipse GS. Its automatic, 2.0 non-turbo. I'm looking to get more power but I don't want to put turbo in. I was told about superchargers, but was also told it could blow older engines....
26
26

Carisma Starting problems
Hi Have a 2001 carisma 1.6 having done 46000 miles and good service history etc. Have given it a new timing belt as well. In the last few days, when starting it has cut out after about two seconds. It...
2
2

fuse for cigarette lighter in RVR?
Plugged a 12v fan heater into the ciggarette lighter and it died after a few mins. Fuse box is by right leg by driver door, have checked every fuse and they are o.k. Checked in engine compartment,...

1991 3000GT SRS Warning Light
I have a 91 3000GT that has the SRS warning light lit. I have checked the front impact sensors according to the service manual and they show the required 2000 ohms per sensor. The clockspring was...
1
1

3000GT error code 14
I've posted this question before but still haven't managed to solve the problem. The engine warning light comes on intermittently on my 1991 3000GT SL. I did a fault diagnosis of the ECU as described...
6
6

6G72 Engine - What milage before major probs?
Hi all, I'm interested to know what mileage some of you are getting from the 6G72 engine before you are experiencing problems. Many thanks in advance.
4
4

2 pin vs 4 pin/Alternator Replace/help!
I went to a junkyard and purchased a refurbished alternator for my 95 mitsubishi galant. After yelling and screaming, and about 2 hours of my life, I got the old one off. Essentialy there are three...

E-101 Knock Unit - New Or Repaired?
I bought a new E-101 knock control unit from Leo at Australia EFI for my Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo (AA model). The unit is marked as: MD097598 R 6X08 E2T16573 However, I'm not sure whether it's new (ie....
3
3

p1294.1995 eclipse with 420A 2.0L engine. with strange idle.
My car idles normally when first started. i can rev the engine with no load on it and it still idle fine. when i drive it and i stop at a red light or stop sign. it has idled anywhere from 800 to 3000...

Carisma Gearbox & Differential Oil Change
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I need to find out where the fill and drain points (gearbox and differential) are on a 1.6 ltr Carisma. Also, when replacing the oil, is it just a case of...
1
1

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante running rough and using huge amounts of fuel
Drive my car yesterday and suddenly it start running very rough, smoking (bluish) and using huge amount of fuel. It also smells strongly of bad or partially unburned fuel. It made it home and still...

92 mighty max shifter stuck
Like the subject says, the 5 speed shifter of my 92 mighty max is stuck...here's the skinny... About a month ago, my shifter suddenly had excessive loose play in it. A week ago, it started failing to...

l300 1986 campervan mpg
please could somebody tell me what the average miles per gallon from a 1986 1.6l petrol van based campervan I am currently getting about 22-25mpg on a good run fully loaded (wife&two kids) with all...
1
1