Shaving the heads

I have a Mitsubishi Montero 1992 with 3.0 V6. I need to take the heads off secondary to a head gasket leak. How much can/should you shave the heads on one of these engines to get better compression raitos? I have read that they only have 8.9:1 compression ratio. I was thinking of upping that to get some more power for towing. What do yall think?

Reply to
Jay

I think at these power levels you might gain 10hp on a good day, and that it's really not worth the bother. I like to keep things simple and cheap, so that's just my opinion, though.

Reply to
Brad