Spyder reliability?

My wife thinks she'd like to own a used Spyder. While no one here can comment (obviously) on the condition of a specific vehicle, I'd like to hear pro and con arguments concerning the overall reliability of the Spyder.

Please, fire away. Thanks.

Reply to
jwardl

x-no-archive: yes

What year?

There is a saying in Mitsubishi groups - "Making better mechanics since

1989"

But seriously it depends on how the car was maintained, how many miles, how it has been abused - etc.

The 2g 1995 - 1999 turbo models were known for a "crank walk" problem. But it only affected a small percentage of the engines.

I have a 2g, 1997, Spyder GST (turbo)that I bought used, it has 130K on it. I have modified it slightly for more horsepower, and would not hesitate to take it on a long trip. I put some stiff Struts on and it is a ball to drive! I get people telling me all the time that they love my car!

The 3g cars 2000-2005 have a v6 (or four cylinder non turbo) in them and are supposed to be more reliable. But they are also heavier and not at fast as my turbo four cylinder. The new 4g spyders are tubs, but they do look nice.

Just have any car that you consider checked out or make sure it has a warranty.

Reply to
GOP=Gay Old Pedophiles