Latest threads in Car Modifications - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Needless and gratuitous but hey... that's just me
and my ebay spamming tactics. I doubt any of you lot are interested in this, but it'd be fun with a V8 or summat.
11
11

We made it!
After a 360 mile round trip we made it home at about 6.30 last night! The SD1 ran perfect all the way home from Merthyr, and is now tucked up in a garage ready for it's MoT tomorrow. The body is in...
26
26

Got the engine for the Golf :-)
360 mile round trip to collect the bloody thing, but it's the AGG lump instead of the earlier 2E motor and I've been getting quotes of £250+ for an AGG from the local scrappys (and I get stuff cheap...
12
12

OT: For Free (sort of) - Hammond Organ
A while back I tried palming off my Hammond Organ onto any of the regulars, and a few of you said you might possibly be interested. Basically I'd rather "long-term loan" it to someone for nowt, on the...
18
18

for the comp nerds among us
this made me laugh, the spec but the funniest bit has to be the $8499 price tag! 20mhz i mean like thats and to quote "lighting fast" :)
50
50

One Samba returned home
Did the drive of nearly 200 miles OK except for one issue. Overall impression; Nippy and bouncy. The condition was OK - not great and the re-spray seemed to be a basic one, probably using metallic...
8
8

Today's Run
Took the 75, freshly shod with some quite funky Marangoni tyres up to the MOD training ground in the Epynt mountain. Surprisingly traffic-free run and I can report that, although the Marangonis aren't...
10
10

Collecting the Samba convertible tomorrow
Travelling to Tring from Wakefield early am - with exams that I've not finished marking :-( Hopefully it'll be OK - I'll give it a thorough check-over and then make the trip back, with a card from Mr...
17
17

I'm not sure this was a good idea
I've just sold the only vaguely sensible car I had (the CRX...)
2
2

When are you too old to drive?
When are you too old to drive? Rage those speeding tickets! does your car say about your personality? They have lots to say.
2
2

Best idea for an insurance system
Got an online quote from Liverpool victoria, and for the 89 V8 rangie it=20 only offered 3.0litres. They have one of those live help chat toys, so I messaged India for=20 help. She said, persue the...
8
8

Oi Elder
Did the CD arrive ok? I sent it through internal post from work so it might take a few days... Third time trying to post this message, for some reason it's not posting it???
2
2

Ping: Elder
Hey Carl, did the CD arrive? I sent it via internal post at work (...) so it might take a couple of days ;)

Any yanks present?
Do they have the same attitude in the USA as other abroadians - ie, No, you can't change anything? I assume not given the number of hot rods about. Does stuff have an annual emissions test a la the...
7
7

BMW turbodiesels
Hi, Anyone know if the bigger (3 litre) S6 and V8 BMW TDs can run on veg oil? What sort of power & torque do they develop? Any links to the relevant info would be gratefully received. Cheers.
30
30